AOC Ships Cool 23-inch Monitor With Built-In iDock

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
On the one hand I want to laugh... and on the other I'm like "huh".

I wonder who this is for... while I understand the "ease" of having "instant" access via the monitor, your monitor would be plugged into a PC so you'll probably already have your USB docking station next to the monitor anyway and personally I think I'd get far more control and just as quick access to my device by using the standard input via PC vs the monitor.

friskiest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
I'll be more of a hassle trying to play a "touch-based" game on a larger monitor,. imagine scaling your controls without looking at the touchscreen.

Watching mobile videos via the monitor? Try connecting the monitor to a PC and watch from there- as its supposed to be. I think its a self-defeating purpose.

Just get us a reasonably priced 2560x1600 (or 4K) panel and make the life better for both of us.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
...and when Apple changes their 30-pin dock? No thanks. ...not that it was actually being considered anyways...who would really think this was cool?

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]And yet another cheap 1080p display. And too small on top of that. Wondering where are the 30 inch 2560 x 1600 120hz LED displays at ? Ive had a 30 inch now for 2 years go bigger people you dont know what real estate your missing out on with these.[/citation]

Not everyone has the room nor the budget for a larger display. Also, 2560x1600 @ 120Hz is not possible for many people because it would use more data throughput than many people can use due to display interface technologies such as HDMI and more only recently having the throughput necessary for such a display. There will probably be 2560x16000 120Hz displays this or next year, but there are very good reasons for it taking so long.

G

[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Not everyone has the room nor the budget for a larger display. Also, 2560x1600 @ 120Hz is not possible for many people because it would use more data throughput than many people can use due to display interface technologies such as HDMI and more only recently having the throughput necessary for such a display. There will probably be 2560x16000 120Hz displays this or next year, but there are very good reasons for it taking so long.[/citation]

Agreed, I'm using a Samsung SyncMaster P2450 at the moment and I'd like to upgrade to a 30'' 2560 x 1600 monitor, but at the moment they cost as much as my PC did to build. :)

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]...and when Apple changes their 30-pin dock? No thanks. ...not that it was actually being considered anyways...who would really think this was cool?[/citation]
Isn't the iPhone 5 rumoured to be changing the dock connector? If I bought this monitor then found out I couldn't use a future model of iPhone I would feel raped
So prepare for the rumour to become the truth

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]I can see all the iFanboys jumping around like a bunch of monkeys right now[/citation]

No way, this isn't made by Apple, they won't buy it :D

It's very sad to see everyone making products "for iPhone/iPod". IRL, I don't see anyone using them with their iStuff, but manufacturers' websites are filled with this crap.

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
What I want is an 2560 x 1600/1440 white LED backlight IPS monitor with standard connectors like DVI, HDMI for an affordable price, say less than $800.

This one is just the same as other cheap/suck monitors out there, with an ugly stand which can't even swivel. No, thanks.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]SIM 83[/nom]Agreed, I'm using a Samsung SyncMaster P2450 at the moment and I'd like to upgrade to a 30'' 2560 x 1600 monitor, but at the moment they cost as much as my PC did to build. :)[/citation]

Not to mention pushing so many pixels, you better have a top notch video card or you'll be getting very low FPS. Big monitors are cool, but you are taking a major FPS hit for that big screen with such a high resolution.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]And yet another cheap 1080p display. And too small on top of that. Wondering where are the 30 inch 2560 x 1600 120hz LED displays at ? Ive had a 30 inch now for 2 years go bigger people you dont know what real estate your missing out on with these.[/citation]

What is your monitor's response time?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Hate Machine[/nom]What is your monitor's response time?[/citation]

Only a gamer would care about the response time.
Got news for you, the majority of PCs are NOT used for high end gaming!

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Only a gamer would care about the response time.Got news for you, the majority of PCs are NOT used for high end gaming![/citation]

... The person he asked that question supposedly is a high end gamer...

Status
Not open for further replies.