Status
Not open for further replies.

tambeshakunt

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT I9505) running Android 4.3.

I recently wanted to install an .apk file onto my phone and looked up the several methods. I have tried many methods but all of them lead to the same problem. :(

The .apk installs ok and launches fine but about 2 seconds after launching, crashes and says "unfortunately (app name) has stopped working". This is happening for any .apk file and with all the methods.

Is there something basic that I'm missing out here (eg. settings on my s4 etc...)???

Thanks so much for your help.

tambeshakunt

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

ALL FAIL!!! :( It doesn't matter what app it is / where its from..... they all crash. Yes, if I just download normally from play store everything is fine. Its just the .apk installation that messes up.

Thanks.

tambeshakunt

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

really??? Because its not just one or two .apk files. I have tried atleast 10-15 different ones and from different sources too. I'm not sure if this is really a factor???

Ravi Gagan

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I mean did you check the version of your downloaded apks with playstore one

or you can try third party mobile app store, 1mobile
download from www.1mobile.com

try to install this app and here you can install those apps with latest version
and the apps you will install from it will be stored as apk in your phone storage

tambeshakunt

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

Thanks but dw. I SORTED IT OUT !! :D . Basically I was playing around and trying out things, turned out, it works if I have usb debugging enabled ?! Strange?

Oh well..... at least it works

Status
Not open for further replies.