App to copy whole web site with all scripts etc.

tarmiricmi

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015
Hi,
I'm trying to offline copy complete website in order to use it when I don't have Internet access.
I have tried various programs but they can't copy the site because of its structure. I am not into HTML but I guess the programs can't copy the search engine and its database (probably the search engine is the part of the page as a script and database is on the server). It is the http://jguitar.com/ page.
Any thoughts?

Solution
While there are plenty of web crawlers around, you can't copy the server scripts which generate the pages displayed, so you better find out another way to do what you need. I am positive there are plenty of apps in Apple/Android/Microsoft app stores for guitar chords.
G

From what I know, some companies that use proprietary code have procedures set up so that the site can't be copied, or parts of it can't be copied. It's rare that I go offline (unless I'm doing it on purpose), so I don't have the research on hand for you in regards to copying websites.

While there are plenty of web crawlers around, you can't copy the server scripts which generate the pages displayed, so you better find out another way to do what you need. I am positive there are plenty of apps in Apple/Android/Microsoft app stores for guitar chords.

Solution