Apple Accused of Altering Second Photo in Samsung Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

It is pretty pathetic to see a company such as Apple trying to reduce competition by falsifying documents and presenting that in court. I cant wait to see their stocks drop after Samsung wins the lawsuit, as well as many more lawsuits in the future. Under law, knowingly submitting false documents are a felony, and leads to big fine. I sure want to see the face of the judge that banned Samsung products in EU now, lol.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Apples credibility is zero. They should have all their current suits as plantiffs thrown out, IMHO. And they should be prosecuted for falsifiying evidence.

Riv4L

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
[citation][nom]Justice4all99[/nomI sure want to see the face of the judge that banned Samsung products in EU now, lol.[/citation]

He is probably enjoying a good drink with his new found (deep pocketed) friend Jobs who bolstered his bank account out of "friendship" lol.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
so, will perjury be called at any point, and a block on apple for blatantly lieing to get their way, and not just to consumers, but to government and law.

i mean, they should ban apple sales, and than drag their butts on the appeal process, just to put apple in their place.

Riv4L

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]Didn't you guys already make an article about this. If not, it is very old news.[/citation]

They did for a previous image, this is a second time that Apple have altered pictures in the same case.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Lol, AGAIN? I mean, it's not like a few millimetres change anything, but the fact itself is outrageous. THEY should be sued, not Samsung (btw, no way an SGS or SGS II are a copy of iPhone... they have much better specs and more interfaces).

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
The purpose of the photo was to show how simular the two products look and how one could be mistaken for the other. The actual dimensions do not matter at all in this case. You could not tell the dimensions of either of these phones in a printed advertisement, TV commercial or web/mobile ad spot. So resizing the picture to show how eactly it follows the appearance of the other product or to show how easily it could be confused when shown in non-actual size advertizing seems like a very credible thing to do. But haters will hate on Apple all the way. There is no realistic arguement to be made that the Samsung phone is completely different because they made it in 5/4ths scale.

G

I'm going to have to take a second look at these Samsung products. They must be pretty good for Apple to risk so much. I don't want a smartphone, but the basic phones available seem to be pretty suck as of late.

G

The first time, anyone could argue that it may be a mistake. Well, they submitted the incorrect image again. Apple has no respect to juvenile justice system. Apple should not win in this case.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]dheadley[/nom]The purpose of the photo was to show how simular the two products look and how one could be mistaken for the other. The actual dimensions do not matter at all in this case. You could not tell the dimensions of either of these phones in a printed advertisement, TV commercial or web/mobile ad spot. So resizing the picture to show how eactly it follows the appearance of the other product or to show how easily it could be confused when shown in non-actual size advertizing seems like a very credible thing to do. But haters will hate on Apple all the way. There is no realistic arguement to be made that the Samsung phone is completely different because they made it in 5/4ths scale.[/citation]

ye i guess shrinking samsungs phone to match iphones aspect ratio is harmless too huh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tq7yykR-DM

Status
Not open for further replies.