Apple Announces iPad 2 with Dual-core Processor

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Gosh, no 3D and no foldable 40" display? FAIL!!!!!! (j/k)

To me the changes are significant enough and it's the first iPad I am planning to own. Yes, there will be better ones and worse ones ... blah, blah, blah ... but it fits my needs best and for anything more serious I'll rely on my Windows desktop anyway.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]theuerkorn[/nom]Gosh, no 3D and no foldable 40" display? FAIL!!!!!! (j/k)To me the changes are significant enough and it's the first iPad I am planning to own. Yes, there will be better ones and worse ones ... blah, blah, blah ... but it fits my needs best and for anything more serious I'll rely on my Windows desktop anyway.[/citation]
Same here. I am getting one, too.
It's a great improvement over the 1st gen iPad and is perfectly suits my needs.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Another poster on Tom's made this comment once:

"If your happiness revolves around hearing bad news about Apple, then you are in for a miserable life."

Apple Haters are in for another horrible year as Apple will undoubtedly rule the tablet market. Doesn't matter how much you hate, how many stupid posts you flood Apple threads with (BTW, why do you haters spend do much time reading and posting in threads about a COmpany you hate?), or how many of your friends you tell not to buy Apple the bottom line is this:

Apple will sell huge numbers of iPad 2's to satisfied customers, make billions of dollars and continue to completely dominate the tablet market.

LOL at the hater. Wonder how many man-hours of sleep haters collectively lose over Apple's continued success?

G

I really think the only true thing to hate on this is the obvious "apple lockdown" on the apps and things you simply cannot do unless you jailbreak it

its a magnificent peice of tech being weighed down by its software

G

@ericburnby

im guessing about as much hours as you lose over wondering what the next wonder ithing apple will come out with next

here's the thing, people will crib about apple just as they will crib about At&T or Comcast (both of whom have a healthy revenue streams even though they have arguably sh*t products/services), so i guess cribbing about Comcast data caps and bandwidth throttling just makes you a hater then

some folks like to buy the Audi A3, and some folks will point out the A3 is more or less an expensive VW golf, i guess they be classified as haters too

your perception determines your definition of magic afterall

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]lLOL at the haters.Minor upgrades? Single core to dual-core is minor? 2X the processor and 9X the graphics is minor? Keeping the same battery life is minor? Adding two cameras is minor? Making it slimmer and lighter is minor? Keeping it at the same price is minor?Yeah, you're right. It's barely an improvement on the old one.Go ahead and buy a competitors tablet. But don't complain at the lack of (and poor selection) of accessories like docks or cases. Don't whine when developers shy away from 30 different tablets, each with slightly different specs. Don't start bitching when, after less than a year, they drop out of the tablet market due to poor sales and you're stuck with an obsolete product.[/citation]
No worries the Xoom has arrived!

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Apple needs to put a real OS on this thing just like Xoom and RIM - so that they basically confuse 90% of their market audience.

I know this is a tech group so I don't expect most of you to get it, but the whole reason the iPad/iPod/iPhone line is so successful is because it IS EASY TO USE. I saw a demo of the RIM tablet and thought - that's great for me as a techie, but no way I'm going to recommend this for the non techie folks.

Apple and Nintendo follow the same formula - ship entertaining products that are EASY to use.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]o0RaidR0o[/nom]No worries the Xoom has arrived![/citation]

And in a year the overpriced device will go the way of the Zune.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]smeker[/nom]Not true. You are either stupid or have now idea of how multiple core CPUs work, or you are both : stupid and have no idea how shit works...[/citation]

Such harsh words and why all the name calling? In reality, "a dual-core processor uses slightly less power than two coupled single-core processors" and so the dual-core is more efficient when it comes down do computational power as related to energy use.

I will not fall into the same trap of name calling. Let's just stick with the facts and try to educate one another in a civil manner.

G

@vYoder54

and i would agree, but yet i would have to wonder what computational intensive applications would an iPad have....

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]a few minor upgrades and BAM! it's a COMPLETELY new product that everyone will go and buy...o_O[/citation]

And still you can get an ok Laptop for that cost which has a USB.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]it's like a haters ball in here. Hate, hate, hate...[/citation]

I agree fully, and it is really beginning to destroy the atmosphere around here. Just the same old drivel with no constructive/creative input.

rpoinvil1

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
They managed to make the case slimmer and at the same time they were able to hold the price at $39. Wow, what an achievement. I can't wait to give up my hard earned dollars for something that should have come with the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.