Apple Banning iPhone Hackers From Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
@ hakesterman

Apple bans pirates, therefore you won't buy their products?? As the article said, MS does the same thing, explain how apple is any different

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]@ hakestermanApple bans pirates, therefore you won't buy their products?? As the article said, MS does the same thing, explain how apple is any different[/citation]

I agree about the pirating thing. Everyone does it, so it shouldn't matter if it is Apple.

But does jailbreaking mean you are also pirating? I thought jailbreaking just gave you access to other third party apps and mods? I honestly wasn't even aware that piracy was a leading cause to jailbreak.

This is a little disappointing, as I was planning on jailbreaking my ipod touch after the warranty was up. That isn't for another 8 months anyways.

shadow187

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
On one hand, you have people that want to use the apple iPhone for more than the dictatorship of a company wants you to use it for.

On the other hand, you have 4 fingers and a thumb.

justiceguy216

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I may be wrong but as I understand it if you jailbreak your iPhone you don't need the app store anyways. Kinda like if Netflix were to revoke my membership because they thought I was downloading movie's from P2P networks.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]This is a perfect example of why many people won't buy Apple Products.[/citation]

They wrote an EULA, someone violated it. End of story, they are entitled to what they did.

@ amabhy - Can you really be so crude and ignorant. I put my money on the fact that you really don't know anything about Apple other than other people hate them, so you should too. It's this kind of close minded thinking and ignorance that has made reading article comments personally insulting and just plain distasteful.

Apple or Microsoft? I could care less, but this one sided thinking is pathetic and only goes to show how many people on these forums are truly trolls.

@touchdowntexas13 - You can jailbreak and use it for third party mods and apps, but it also opens up many security loop holes and can be used for illegally downloaded apps, hence the piracy. Just look on a site like TPB, there are 1000's of free apps, most of them I'm sure are legitimate apps that are pirated.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]@ hakestermanApple bans pirates, therefore you won't buy their products?? As the article said, MS does the same thing, explain how apple is any different[/citation]
Except unlocking the hardware and installing free personal patches should not lead to bans on the official venues of acquiring apps. There is a vibrant iPhone homebrew community that supports developers and does not condone things such as piracy. The homebrew community relies on people like those banned to continue unlocking the iPhone OS so that it's true abilities can be had by the masses.

Look at the WebOS homebrew community. Palm embraces them with open arms. It's actually really easy to get a stolen program and run it yourself in WebOS but you wont find a "how to" on any self respecting WebOS homebrew site because they understand the freedom Palm has allowed developers. If Apple has done anything, it has made solid profitable homebrew communities across all major smart phone OS's and I applaud there work in driving good homebrew developers away from Apple products. Thank you Steve!

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Nothing angers Steve Jobs more than someone using a device HE designed the way THEY want to! How dare they!

Serves them right for questioning the gospel of Steve.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]This is a perfect reason why many People won't buy Apple Products.[/citation]

I really doubt it. A lot of people cannot afford to purchase Apple products, and then there are those who just refuse to because they do not like Apple.

I would bet that most of those who dog Apple are like Brendano257 says and "really don't know anything about Apple." Kind of like why a lot of men do not like Hillary Clinton...ask them why and they say "I don't know, I just don't like her." Ahh, the open-mindedness of mental midgets.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]I really doubt it. A lot of people cannot afford to purchase Apple products, and then there are those who just refuse to because they do not like Apple. I would bet that most of those who dog Apple are like Brendano257 says and "really don't know anything about Apple." Kind of like why a lot of men do not like Hillary Clinton...ask them why and they say "I don't know, I just don't like her." Ahh, the open-mindedness of mental midgets.[/citation]

Most people that dislike Apple have reasons. Yet most people that like Apple products can only regurgitate false marketing lies like "It just works".

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Lets not forget that these aren't just you every day people with jail broken iPhones/iPod touchs. Where as thousands of people were banned of XBL for cracked versions of Halo and MW2, only 2 extreme hackers were banned from the App Store, lets not be too critical here.

G

Go Apple! Anyone who doesn't like it should use an Android phone (then come back crying).

Dawgsoverrebs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I jail-broke my iphone and only used it for third party apps legally if apple would actually let the good apps through fewer people would jailbreak and steal apps

Status
Not open for further replies.