Apple: Careful, Our Earbuds May Shock You

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Considering I've never heard this warning from any other company, I wonder if Apple should recall these before someone sues them claiming they lost their hearing over an electrical shock.

Try raising the moisture level in the air of the local environment by using a portable humidifier or adjusting the humidity control on your air conditioner.

LOL What if you live in the Desert? Like, say southern Arizona, or some place where there is absolutely 0% humidity most times of the year. If you're outside, you just can't use your iShockPhones then?

Ho0d1um

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]so how much can we sue Apple for causing brain tumors due to constant electric shocks?[/citation]
I wonder if its part of the apple tax or is it an extra feature?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Agreed!$49 for a crappy earbud... :\[/citation]

I don't know anyone who bought iPod earphones on purpose. I only use mine because they came with my iPod.

wicko

Distinguished
May 9, 2007
Err, 50$ for earbuds? Honestly? Wow, I had no idea they were that pricey. It doesn't matter what brand you buy, earbuds will always sound like shit..

leafblower29

Distinguished
May 14, 2009

I know I'm using $5 earbuds from Wal-Mart and they have better sound quality.

mrfisthand

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I use Gumy headphones and they do they all the same, it's a tiny annoying shock, no one's going to get electricuted so put your lawyers away. Then again my headphones cost under 10 dollars so yeah.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I don't know anyone who bought iPod earphones on purpose. I only use mine because they came with my iPod.[/citation]

Hahaha, I never bought them either - in fact, I don't own an iPod - but I DID laugh at my friends because they insisted that "Apple factory products" were a safe bet.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I don't use the iPhone earbuds, but the earbuds I do use have the foam covers on, am I safe from electrical shock?

I think I should right my congressperson and have them draft a bill making all earbuds illegal. That's the only safe and rational course of action to take.

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I don't know anyone who bought iPod earphones on purpose. I only use mine because they came with my iPod.[/citation]

But you know someone that bought them on accident? Ouch... :-|

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]I know I'm using $5 earbuds from Wal-Mart and they have better sound quality.[/citation]

my earbuds sound great and only cost $40 dollars. they r those sony in ear kind.

G

"I don't use the iPhone earbuds, but the earbuds I do use have the foam covers on, am I safe from electrical shock? "

Yes, you are safe from electrical shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.