Apple, Creative Sued Over Random Play Integration in Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

link064

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
"The patent was initially issued in February of 2011..."

Umm...prior art anyone? I'm pretty sure music players in cars with a shuffle feature has existed well before this point. Even my 2010 Elantra has one, which was put into production in 2009, and I'm absolutely certain there are older cars with the feature too.

ajay_vishvanathan

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
Wish I can patent trolling.. so that I can actually sue everyone trolling and I can troll trollers by not giving the patent rights to anyone.. not even for all the wealth in the world.. god save the earth!!!

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
i guess they sue Apple to screw with them and pointing out to them that they do the same with other companies (sueing for stupid patents)....OR if they sue for real then...the world is very crazy...

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]well, last year, I patented typing in the english language on the internet by using an x86 Operating System. Pay up fools.......[/citation]
Prior art abounds. No possible patent. Patents are for new and novel work, reduced to practice.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Invented neither shuffle audio, nor invented the car. Apparently putting the two together makes an 'intelligent' process.

But it's funny, because when portable cd players came out, they have shuffle (usually) and I have had one in my car through the line-in on the stereo, which was 10 or more years ago.

This is more rediculous than Apple's slide to unlock patent.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Just shifty lawyers that got hands on a patent they believe they could use in a case against the big companies and created some BS company name. Leeches all around us!!!

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
This is dumb how can they even have patents on crap like this. Its not innovative, it isn't some idea that should be protected. This is ridiculous.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]bender3000[/nom]There, I fixed it for ya![/citation]
... no, you don't... ban patents, any patents... and help progress and innovation... i hate, that somebody thinks out a half baked idea, patents it, don't do a successful implementation, and don't give the opportunity to improve on a idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.