Apple Files Lawsuit Against 10 Samsung Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I would make a nasty comment about apple, but over the last few months I have been forced to deplete my creativity, and hence cannot think of one anymore...

Oh wait, I just wrote one!

hehe, screw apple

G

I hope Samsung wins, Apple's angle on handling competition is outrageous.

G

Even an iPhone fanboi would have to understand that this is going a bit too far now...

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
you can patent design rights?

quick, someone patent, the general design rights for a car...then sue every automaker out there!

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]Here we go again. Really Apple? You're venturing into patent-troll territory.[/citation]
Venturing? They've already landed and started a thriving colony.

G

God forbid Samsung makes a rectangular phone with a screen in the center.

Also, the title seems a bit odd. It sort of implies the phones, not the company, are being sued.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Flinstone8050[/nom]I hope Samsung wins, Apple's angle on handling competition is outrageous.[/citation]
no i get it, they basically made the tablet market, i know they didn't invent it, but they made the tablet appealing to people that mas producing a tablet is now a realistic venture, apposed to previous attempts that were... well... lack luster and easily forgotten.

imagine you made something, and than other people coppied you (yea i know, but for the sake of this argument, dont go there) and there was next to nothing you could do... what would you do, give them a hug and say awesome, competition. or would you try to stop them by any means necessary?

i dont support apple, and i hate them, but i at least get where they are coming from.

SmileyTPB1

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
I wonder if they will fake evidence for this lawsuit also?

Steve Jobs claim that the Android operating system is stolen from Apple and no one should be allowed to use it is the equivalent for saying that no one should be allowed to drive a car because you invented the steering wheel.

It's a good thing Steve died before his biography was published because it really proved that he was as obsessive, controlling and crazy as we thought he was.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]no i get it, they basically made the tablet market, i know they didn't invent it, but they made the tablet appealing to people that mas producing a tablet is now a realistic venture, apposed to previous attempts that were... well... lack luster and easily forgotten. imagine you made something, and than other people coppied you (yea i know, but for the sake of this argument, dont go there) and there was next to nothing you could do... what would you do, give them a hug and say awesome, competition. or would you try to stop them by any means necessary?i dont support apple, and i hate them, but i at least get where they are coming from.[/citation]

No what Apple did, and does, is took a already existant product and made it trendy. Their iPods were inferior in many ways to Creatives Zen series. In fact Apple copied Creatives GUI like interface idea which Creative sued and won. Nothin in any of Apples products is original in any way. They just know how to appeal to the masses while sucking every last penny possible out of them. Its like the iPhone 4S. No 4G, normal glass, and locked doen like crazy. Compare it to any of the current high end Android devices, all that have 4G, Gorilla Glass and open.

As for someone copying, there will be an idea and then there will be similar ideas. What I find offensive in all of this is that the courts took Apples doctored photos into evidence at all. That alone is a mistrial.

Plus look at it from Samsungs side, Apple has long been using Samsungs CPU for their modile devices in what looked like a good partnership. Then Apple turns around and sues Samsung. It would be like Apple suing Intel for something, which I wouldn't be suprised if they do at some point.

In short, Apple has become nothing more than a patent troll. I understand patenting an idea, like x86 or such but Apple is just full of it.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]no i get it, they basically made the tablet market, i know they didn't invent it, but they made the tablet appealing to people ... [/citation]

What they did, is make a giant mp3 player with limited internet access, then using marketing managed to sell them by the droves. Sadly most the people that bought them still don't know how to use them, or what they should use them for. Sadly most humans are "Sheeple" (XKCD) and are just following the herd instead of thinking for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS