Apr 18, 2015
I guess a rundown of my peripherals would help most:

mobo: asus z97pro
cpu: i7 4790k
case: nzxt source 530
gpu: gb 760
mem: 8gb
running windows 8.1 64 bit

When I first made the computer in august of last year, I started out using my apple headphones because I was cheap and didnt want to buy speakers. So far, I've also used them as my mic and have had no problems so far. When I use them, I simply plugged the headphones into the front audio jack, and the computer would recognize that yes, it was audio and voice.

Now, all of a sudden, the computer isnt recognizing the mic at all, no matter what settings I mess with. Anyone out there have any idea what the heck has happened and why it's no longer working?

ps: yes, I have tried using them on other devices, and they have worked.

Solution
On the front of your computer do you have 2 jacks? once for mic and one for audio?
or is a single jack with both audio and mic?

cause if you have 2 ports, your answer lies in the playback/recording tab if you right click
the audio icon on the lower right corner. make sure your apple earbuds are set to default in recording
and the headphones of your choice are set to default.

or if you have one port make sure in the recording/playback tab both have the same unit selected.

BmoneyGames

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015
On the front of your computer do you have 2 jacks? once for mic and one for audio?
or is a single jack with both audio and mic?

cause if you have 2 ports, your answer lies in the playback/recording tab if you right click
the audio icon on the lower right corner. make sure your apple earbuds are set to default in recording
and the headphones of your choice are set to default.

or if you have one port make sure in the recording/playback tab both have the same unit selected.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.