Apple Hires IBM Chip Designer, IBM Files Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Wow, I can't believe Apple has the audacity to pick on IBM. Even with Intel's backing Jobs should know he is no match for the Big Blue.

G

If he was the 'Vice President of Microprocessor Technology Development' and Apple got him to work in semiconductor department, then this probably is a violation of the non-competition agreement.

G

If he was the 'Vice President of Microprocessor Technology Development' and Apple got him to work in semiconductor department, then this probably is a violation of the non-competition agreement.

Well depends on what state he is working in. California courts have said the non compete clause are invalid. So if he signed the contract in New York but is working in California it will be interesting.

Dee_20

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I love reading these comments from apple haters. If intel hires this guy for their future processor design and ibm files a lawsuit against intel. would you still back ibm?

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Dee_20[/nom]I love reading these comments from apple haters. If intel hires this guy for their future processor design and ibm files a lawsuit against intel. would you still back ibm?[/citation]
I like IBM way better than Intel as Big Blue is the source of most IT technologies.

Alternator

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
[citation][nom]Dee_20[/nom]I love reading these comments from apple haters. If intel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Corporation hires this guy for their future processor design and ibm files a lawsuit against intel. would you still back ibm?[/citation]

Yes I would still back IBM, this is regardless of what I think of the companies involved.
This is simply a case of market sensitivity, ergo the 1yr cooldown period.

Status
Not open for further replies.