Apple iPod Retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromas

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
I don't see how anyone could justify buying an ipod shuffle with the Sansa clip on the market.

Also, lol, $50 for a stocking stuffer!

mitch074

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I'm the proud owner of an iPod Mini: it has a long battery life (up to 15 hours), great shuffling, it's easy to use as I only need to copy/paste songs to it, it can playback many formats including FLAC and Vorbis, it can play games including DOOM...

Well, if you can't do that with your own, it's because mine isn't much 'stock' anymore:
- replaced battery, from 400 mA to 750 mA (almost double playback time)
- replaced storage, from mini-HD to CompactFlash card (again, double playback time)
- replaced firmware, Rockbox (with optimized Vorbis decoder, -20% CPU use).

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]Necromas[/nom]I don't see how anyone could justify buying an ipod shuffle with the Sansa clip on the market.Also, lol, $50 for a stocking stuffer![/citation]

True dat!!!

Im sure the majority of the public dosnt go around buying $50 dollary stocking stuffers. In my family $50 is 1/4 - 1/3 of one of my childrens total xmas budget.

G

My brother had one of those originals with the four buttons on top.
The hard drive died in it and it is now sitting somewhere in my closet now.

redeye

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2005
The 2g also can in 40g!.. Model number pe436a mp103... How about researching properly and give pictures of the. Very first iPod? . In otherwords wiki is a better article ... Way to go toms ! Sloppy job

redeye

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2005
Sorry my mistake... The 3G came in 40g. Still the table is sloppy because I have a 3G (copyright 2004). Which would make a 4G right... No it doesn't show pictures . My 4G was copyright in 2005.. Model a1136. Why didn't the Author go to ifixit to determine the right timeline? Or the www?... Wow if I was paid to write an article on iPods I would have found pictures of every one and done a better job... oh well I guess a tech site can't be geek if it isn't an apple hater and sloppy!...

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Necromas[/nom]I don't see how anyone could justify buying an ipod shuffle with the Sansa clip on the market.Also, lol, $50 for a stocking stuffer![/citation]
Almost all my music is in aac?

Status
Not open for further replies.