Apple Overtakes Exxon as Most Valuable US Company

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]BSMonitor[/nom]No, actually I don't get your point... This is somehow different than the 350 million zombie cult followers called American citizens that fill up their gasoline tanks 4 times a week allowing Exxon to rake in 40 billion in profit a year.[/citation]

[citation][nom]aracheb[/nom]i use car to go to work, and i use oil to burn in winter to keep my house warm. I also use power generator when I'm out of town, camping, i also use propane which come from oil company processing plant to national grid.. (so it make somewhat sense, that Exxon made that much profit since it is use for daily need.) I don't ride on an ipad/ipod, or iphone to work, neither i cook or heat my house with them.[/citation]

Even though i agree with aracheb, that fuel is of functional use while iDevices are for leisure, BSMonitor has a point. Or he may not actually (lol), but what i interpreted was this:

Filling up your tank 4 times a week either means that you have to drive long distances to work, or you're one person driving any distance to work in a fuel guzzler. Moving around a huge car just so one person achieves transportation is a sheer waste of money and resources, imo, and being enticed to buy larger (more expensive) vehicles (very frequently and needlessly) and then stopping by at the gas station 4 times a week (which will cost more than going there once or twice a week) is displaying behavior similar to those MacSheep/iSheeps that...well you know what they do...

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So how much will apple be worth when their two selling products get down to their typical 10% share of the rest of their closed eco system enjoys like the computers? Android is steadiley eating marketshares of the phones and windows8 will likely do just that with the tablets too. I wouldn't invest a cent in the long term perspective.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I curse myself every time I remember that I once purchased an iPod and enhanced the wealth of the elephantine parasite Apple has become. Apple is a disease that feeds on the ignorance of its host. Never again Apple will you have a single penny from me. You products threaten the march of technological advancement. I will smile when I see your sink. You have essentially stolen money from the people and falsely given them a sense of security, just like a police state does. Die Apple Die.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
If you invest in Apple stock at these exceptionally overvalued prices you're an idiot.

Investing on Apple is not the same as purchasing their products. Investing on Apple is investing on the understanding that the masses are stupid and driven by what is superficial , a very safe assumption. I have no compunction about investing on the idea that people tend to choose enslavement over the fear of learning, or the fear of making choices. The rise of Apple is synonymous with the collapse of analytic thinking in our society. This collapse of reasoning is something that has been amply documented by many great thinkers. So yes, buying Apple stock is a good move if you believe that the masses are becoming more and more stupid. Owing an Apple product is another thing all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.