Apple Recruiting Ex-Google Maps Workers to Fix iOS 6 Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Apple's new Maps application is a bit of a failure.

Let me fix it for you...

Apple's new Maps application is its biggest failure.

Stop the apple protection, they messed up big time.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Former Google employee's now working on Apple products see an increase in suicide rates...building Nets stock on the rise.

My Ex was right...I am going to hell

G

$85k to live on the West Coast...sorry that's not that much when a decent house costs over a million.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
So Apple complains about companies stealing their ideas and they decide to go after Google's employees to create their own innovative maps software?

Did it ever occur to Apple that there's a reason that these are ex-Google employees?
Maybe that's way when you look for a bridge you get Home Depot.

teamcarlisle

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Please Please Please let there be some kind of patent that google holds that they can sue apple over this, That would really make my day :)

hero1

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Apple maps is such a fail. With google maps I was able to find bus times and routes on days when I didn't want to drive. Now whenever I press bus routes I get directed to App Store to find apps that I can use to find bus routes and times meaning buy an app since free ones don't function well. Google has to bring the map through the store and ill buy it and I not the. lumia 920 here I come or SGS III. Spent enough monu for apps totaling over $300 and now we're screwed for such a basic app.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
85K as his base salary, or 85K to fix the current map issues? Seems low either way?! Does Apple not pay their employees well or what?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]ana12345[/nom]$85k to live on the West Coast...sorry that's not that much when a decent house costs over a million.[/citation]

Yeah, I turned down a 60k job in San Francisco back in 2000.
The $$ does not go far in the bay area :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
I have a feeling that Google's lawyers are already going over the employment contracts of these former Map workers to see what their options are. Not even to mention the IP rights issues.
I smell a massive patent lawsuit in Apple's future :)

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Apple's logic:
1) get rid of google maps
2) design own map software. It sucks
3) Hire people who designed google maps to fix it
4) basically have a version of google's map of your "own"
5) get pissed and sue the crap out of companies when they "steal" your ideas

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I thought CoL was high in the east coast... geez. $85k is pretty good over here. Though in the DC metro area, the houses aren't $1 mill either. Also, of they really need him that bad, he didn't negotiate enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.