Apple Settles with iPhone 4 Users Over Antennagate for $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
15$ for Apple is like taking a grain of sand from the beach. However, you need to fill out 20 forms and pass a lie detector test for those 15 bucks.
And once you have taken the money, you may never complain about how you don't like the beach. ever.
And you are also proving to the world how you are Apple's b!tch. yup...

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
if you are a United States resident

Are you kidding? No, seriously. Are you really kidding?
Not only are competitions limited to the U.S nowdays, but so is compensation.

I guess they would rather take people's money and keep it within the U.S.
Give compensation where it's due, not where it's mostly sold. Fools.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
15$ for Apple is like taking a grain of sand from the beach. However, you need to fill out 20 forms and pass a lie detector test for those 15 bucks.
And once you have taken the money, you may never complain about how you don't like the beach. ever.

Didn't you see that South Park? Never, ever agree to Apple's terms and conditions!! :lol:

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Are you kidding? No, seriously. Are you really kidding?Not only are competitions limited to the U.S nowdays, but so is compensation.I guess they would rather take people's money and keep it within the U.S.Give compensation where it's due, not where it's mostly sold. Fools.[/citation]
The lawsuit took place in American Courts, genius. Send your own lawyers to your own local courts, and you'll get the happy chance to sue apple just the same. But on your own dime.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Ok, so you could have sold your iPhone and still get the $15... what's to stop (say me) from cashing in on the $15 when I've never bought one? Not sure they'd be able to tell if I owned one or not, if they could, I'd say Apple has their noses where they shouldn't be.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Are you kidding? No, seriously. Are you really kidding?Not only are competitions limited to the U.S nowdays, but so is compensation.I guess they would rather take people's money and keep it within the U.S.Give compensation where it's due, not where it's mostly sold. Fools.[/citation]
If you live in a country that doesn't agree to abide by U.S. law (which is probably every country other than the U.S.) then how can a U.S. legal settlement apply to such countries or it's citizens? Yeah, things on the internet here blur the lines between nations, but not everything else is that way.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]supall[/nom]Watch Apple send them a $15 gift card for iTunes instead.[/citation]

Or Apple's hardware, such as iPhone or iPad.

If they did pull that, they wouldn't be the first one. "Oh, we're sorry about your product. Here's a refund, in a gift card. Buy more of our stuff or throw it."

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Wait, you would most likely complain when the USA does something in another part of the world, but now that our courts and lawyers do all this work you want the compensation to go to you? Sheesh make up your mind :p

g-unit1111

Distinguished
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Interesting that Apple has basically just told the rest of the world to stick it[/citation]

Seriously - Apple has more cash than the US government and they can't afford to pay for a few defective iPhones? They suck.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Interesting that Apple has basically just told the rest of the world to stick it[/citation]
The rest of the world hasn't sued yet, tell your courts to sue and maybe they will pay, but as long as they can get away without paying they won't give anyone a dime.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009

If you want compensation then lay down a lawsuit on your country. This was a ***!!! US !!!*** lawsuit, and so its safe to assume that it does not apply to other countries, same way that a certain ban in a certain country did not apply to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.