Apple Shipping Jailbreak-proof iPhones

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

another example of apple and their bs. apple can try to stop them but they will always fail.
dont they know by now that its only a matter of time till they re-hack it. again and again

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I'm confused, every day I see a news story about some new hack for some latest iPhone OS release.

I think in the future, these stories should come with a chart, detailing each iPhone, OS, and which Jailbreaking method/software works or doesn't work.

Frankly, I can't keep track of any of this crap.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Just another example of Apple trying to maintain absolute control over their equipment (I say "their" equipment because they are of the attitude that, just because you pay for one of their products doesn't mean you own it).

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
this reminds me sooo much of the psp :D with there going back and forth with hacked firmware. its always fun to wach companies try to "hack proof" a product then wach some organization come out with some really creative solutions. It would be neat to have an article about the evolution of this process from the old nintendo and famlycom days up until today... I still remember playing old imports on my super nintendo, and all that was needed was a file and a pair of pliers.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
It's like a never ending slugging match. It will only be a matter of time before people crack the new ones. Surprised to see Windows Mobile and BB don't try this, but then again they are smarter in that they understand it's futile effort.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Let's see, Steve Jobs, Apple CEO, wants you to buy iphones not allowing you the freedom to do whatever you want to it.

In related news on Tomshardware.com
Teens Vote Steve Jobs Most Admired Entrepreneur

clowns.

gbismack

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
I simply fail to see why anyone would want to produce such a restricted device. People love the HTC's because of their ability to customize. When there is a competitive alternative to the iPhone in the eyes of the blind masses, such restrictive practices will drive people away from their products.

This assumes, though, that the blind masses can somehow see.

akhodjaev

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Hopefully other will be able to bring new touchscreen phones which are better then iphone soon. I hate apple trick. it is like i will give you a candy and i will spank your ass. hate someone controlling me...

you produce and sell your iphone end of story what the f. you want to make life complicated and controlling.
The same with MacOS, i hate it because legally you can only put it on APPLCE brand computer. Compared to MSFT, you buy it and use it anywhere you want. if you will manage it put it on you sell phone...

9d3tsi

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Here's a thought.......
Why not just let people run whichever software they wish? On a device that they PAY for! The whole app store thing seems a little "Big brotherish". That's the entire vibe I have gotten from ATT & Apple since I purchased an Iphone. "You cant do this, Well we don't support that, and so on.... My previous Windows Mobile pda phone let me customize anything I wanted. Without breaking it out of jail or posting bond. There were all kinds of cool apps that were FREEWARE. Not the "lite" or "diet" versions available on the app store. As a music composer I create my own ring tones. You would think that I could put them on my "high-tech" Iphone hassle free? Not so much... For a device that I pay at the least $100 just to use. You would think there would be a little more customization?

ChuvelxD

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Well say goodbye to the iPhone reign of touchscreen phones. Half the reason anyone got an i product was because of jailbreaking and hacking. With 17+ new Andriod phones arriving this quarter and Windows Mobile 6.5 and 7 on it's heels, there's absolutely no reason to pay for an iPhone.

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
[citation][nom]Parrdacc[/nom]The key words being: "...for the time being." It is only a matter of time.[/citation]
You'll be surprised how many companies lock down their devices these days. Even companies like Archos who use Linux heavily lock down the device. The new firmware is unhackable.

Status
Not open for further replies.