Apple Source: iPad 2 is Boring, iPad 3 is Exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Yeah heard this for a while now. The higher resolution display is unlikely to be in the iPad 2 and is likely only going to be an iPad 3 affair. I'm guessing the iPad 2 will be a modest upgrade - dual cameras, maybe the faster dual core processor, definitely 512MB RAM and a bit thinner.

I'll probably hold off until the iPad 3 with 'retina display' as they like to call it. Without the double res screen, I'm not really that interested. With it, I'd probably buy one without hesitation.

G

Nonsense. Look over the past 6 months of iPad2 rumors and you'll appreciate that this is pure speculation. If I were Motorola, I'd go to great lengths to plant this kind of rumor to forestall any iPad 2 momentum. I can use a tablet now, so why wait for something that's likely not to be?

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Looking forward to the announcement, but I doubt Apple is essentially introducing a new model and follow up with a cooler design the same day (albeit available later) to stifle sales of the 2nd gen model. I will wait for Gen 3 if it really seems much better, and is announced today as well.

G

Who cares except the Apple fan-boys? A big imeh.. to you Mr. jobs.

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
agree, the ipad is dumb.
if you want a top product and people who like apple say the like it because it is top quality
Well befor apple got greddy and money hungrey, Fujitsu use to make there hardware.
Check this out. High end quility. I will buy this, when it is released.
http://www.shopfujitsu.com/Q550/index.php

again just my take

jasonh8806

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]I'm sorry but every iProduct bores me... Their incompetent OS bores me to hell[/citation]

I don't see how the OS is incompetent. I own an android phone and I have more problems with that OS than I have with any other OS save older Windows. Just b/c you hate Apple doesn't mean that everything they make is crap. Get over yourself

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jasonh8806[/nom]I don't see how the OS is incompetent. I own an android phone and I have more problems with that OS than I have with any other OS save older Windows. Just b/c you hate Apple doesn't mean that everything they make is crap. Get over yourself[/citation]
It is incompetent because even though it is the latest OS created by Apple it is the one with the least functionality, designed hamstrung and missing things people want to force you into using the App Store to buy everything in order to use it.

You don't buy an iPad, you buy an ecosystem.

I will be awaiting a Windows tablet so that I can install some of the software that I have already spent of $$$ on, rather than have to buy it all over again.

If Apple had but OSX on the iPad you would be able to run your favourite Mac programs on it too, but that isn't good enough for them, they want to do you both ways.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]It is incompetent because even though it is the latest OS created by Apple it is the one with the least functionality, designed hamstrung and missing things people want to force you into using the App Store to buy everything in order to use it.You don't buy an iPad, you buy an ecosystem.I will be awaiting a Windows tablet so that I can install some of the software that I have already spent of $$$ on, rather than have to buy it all over again.If Apple had but OSX on the iPad you would be able to run your favourite Mac programs on it too, but that isn't good enough for them, they want to do you both ways.[/citation]

You clearly don't have a clue about what you're talking. Desktop/laptop operating systems have proven to be next to useless on touchscreen devices. Tablets failed for years while Microsoft tried to put a desktop OS on a tablet. If Apple had put OSX on the iPad then it would have failed.

chaoski

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Did he say that Apple product will make me jump around and dance? Riiight

No apple product even gets my remote interest....

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]You don't buy an iPad, you buy an ecosystem[/citation]

You don't buy an ecosystem, you buy a cult membership.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]I'm sorry but every iProduct bores me... Their incompetent OS bores me to hell[/citation]

pretty sure they have a much more solid OS than any other on the market, so its actually the MOST competent. If you're frustrated over the "closed environment" approach to their OS, then that would be a reasonable comment to leave here, but its a completely different argument.

Sounds like you're a bit too emotional :)

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
You clearly don't have a clue about what you're talking. Desktop/laptop operating systems have proven to be next to useless on touchscreen devices. Tablets failed for years while Microsoft tried to put a desktop OS on a tablet. If Apple had put OSX on the iPad then it would have failed.
You're missing the point entirely. In fact, you're so far off, I question whether you meant to comment on another story.
It's not an argument over whether or not Microsoft OS works well on touchscreen devices. Some programs simply aren't designed for it. It's a matter of having the choice. Even if it a little unintuitive, myself and the majority of the sane population would rather be able to use all the programs we have already paid for and familiarized ourselves with, rather than being forced to pay more money on underpowered, overpriced apps.

What's even more important, though, is that iPads have no use to me. A great number of members of the Apple cult have tried to switch me to the dark side, and there's just no incentive. If I bought any crApple product, it would just never get used.
Mac? I have far too many programs and games that run on Windows only, and I'm not going to restrict my future gaming to Mac-only.
iPad? My Android phone can already do everything it can, and I already carry it everywhere. The only time I need a bigger screen is regular web browsing, and my CR-48 is plenty capable of filling the role.
iPod? Again, Android phone is a more-than-capable music player, and I don't want to carry an iPod anywhere. (iPod is the only Apple product I've ever owned, and it was a hand-me-down when the spoiled younger sister got a newer one. It didn't work very well.)
iPhone? Why switch? I like being able to hold my Android however I like. Plus I already have it, and keeping what I already own doesn't cost me anything. (but if I had to buy a new phone, I'd still go Android because of its Google integration. I already use tons of Google services every day - that's probably why they sent me a CR-48)

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Spanky Deluxe[/nom]You clearly don't have a clue about what you're talking. Desktop/laptop operating systems have proven to be next to useless on touchscreen devices. Tablets failed for years while Microsoft tried to put a desktop OS on a tablet. If Apple had put OSX on the iPad then it would have failed.[/citation]

I agree, you're confusing "incompetent" with "controlling". You're trying to use a smart word that doesn't fit here. The OS is the most competent tablet OS available. You may not like the fact that its a "closed environment" but that doesn't take away from the fact that its the most competent OS available. If your other OS favorites were competent, they would create an more open OS that has the same awesome design as the iOS, but guess what? They can't. They're not the smart or creative

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Rumors rumors rumors. Though every person I know with an iPad loves it! But to wait for the iPad 3 which may or may not be another year in the making?!? I doubt iPad 3 will be released before next March and I will assume it will have retina display!

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
pretty sure they have a much more solid OS than any other on the market, so its actually the MOST competent. If you're frustrated over the "closed environment" approach to their OS, then that would be a reasonable comment to leave here, but its a completely different argument.
Sounds like you're a bit too emotional. The Apple OSes are the WEAKEST ones on the market. They are always the first to be hacked and broken. You got salesman'd. Consider yourself lucky you weren't car shopping. You probably would have bought a Pinto.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Sounds like you're a bit too emotional. The Apple OSes are the WEAKEST ones on the market. They are always the first to be hacked and broken. You got salesman'd. Consider yourself lucky you weren't car shopping. You probably would have bought a Pinto.[/citation]

Just allot of iHaters because Apple is the hot company right now. These are prolly the same people that hated MS when it was hot...lol. Apple is not perfect but for whatever reason ihaters are passionate enough to bash anything Apple. I for one am proud it is an innovative American company!

Status
Not open for further replies.