Apple Tester Fired for Showing Wozniak iPad 3G

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Well... remember Apple lives and die by its prodcuct design and marketing not theirardware spec. I am not surprise why Apple treat their product design as a live and death top secreat.

I believe all emplyees in Apple must sign some kind of agreement to keep the company's secrect. Althought I don;t like the way Apple does things, but this kind of thing is never a news in the business world. People get fired for the same reason all the time.

No matter a co-founder or not, since Steve Wozniak has left Apple, it is not a surprise that somebody get fired by showing company's not yet available product (3G iPad was not available that time)to a non-company employee.

Poeple have the choice to not work in a company. However, when people decide to take the contract... he/she lives by the contract.

Same rule applys to CIA, FBI, military, many many private companies, and many others.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
[citation][nom]dogofwars[/nom]Apple is a company that make way too much money.[/citation]

Who are you to decide that a company makes "too much money"? In business, you can never make too much money.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]dogofwars[/nom]Apple is a company that make way too much money.[/citation]
Personally, I don't begrudge companies that make a lot of money. That in and of itself is not enough reason. How they got the money, how they use it, how they treat others, etc is the more important part. None the less, by my terms of judgement, they are still evil.

Jarmo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]pharge[/nom]No matter a co-founder or not, since Steve Wozniak has left Apple, it is not a surprise that somebody get fired by showing company's not yet available product (3G iPad was not available that time)to a non-company employee.[/citation]

Wozniak is still an Apple employee, paycheck and all. He just doesn't actually work there anymore.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
They didnt fire powell because of the bad PR they would receive. If they fire powell than he can easily find a job he'll probably get offers if Msoft/Adobe whatever company is smart. Like I said If the apple marketing squad is smart they'll have gary introduce the new iphone this summer.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]That's what happens when you join a cult.At least they didn't poison the employee. They didn't...Right?[/citation]
it nearly is a cult, but not quite. its still stupid firing someone like that

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Well, it's a official for me *uck apple, will never buy another one of their products, this gestapo type stuff needs to stop. I guy can't show Steve Wozniak and ipad 3g, is he serious.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Oh well I got the wait and see attitude when the economy implodes. Dollar devaluation is on the way and a third world war is slowly starting which is in the propaganda phase.

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
Once again the amorality of THW readership shines like beacon.

Ever heard of NDA's, Trust, Discretion and Responsibility?

It didn't matter who the guy showed it to he broke company rules. You break rules, they break you. How many of you here are jailbirds?

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Reklatsa[/nom]Once again the amorality of THW readership shines like beacon.Ever heard of NDA's, Trust, Discretion and Responsibility?It didn't matter who the guy showed it to he broke company rules. You break rules, they break you. How many of you here are jailbirds?[/citation]

Oh go shove that stick in your ass farther up it.

Yes how dare someone show a product to CO-FOUNDER OF THE COMPANY THAT MADE IT!

Yes THW is so amoral because of reporting this, please do us all a favor and GTFO.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Oh well I got the wait and see attitude when the economy implodes. Dollar devaluation is on the way and a third world war is slowly starting which is in the propaganda phase.[/citation]

Also make sure you make the tinfoil hat extra thick.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Steve Jobs screwed over Woz, who I think it smuch more knowledgeable and more open minded than Jobs.

Apple is becoming a monster....

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Bluescreendeath[/nom]What? They fired an Apply employee for showing an Apple product to the CO-FOUNDER of Apple?How the hell does that make any sense?[/citation]

Very good point :)

G

That settles it for me. I will never own an Apple product. What an arrogant, heartless bunch of jerks...

buzznut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
How does this idiot not know that firing this guy after the release is completely out of line?
Then he goes on to talk of family things, never mind the family he just hurt by firing this employee.

I'd like to shove an ipad up his ass. "Fire that,F#$%ker!"

Status
Not open for further replies.