Apple Tester Fired for Showing Wozniak iPad 3G

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Apple sucks. They port BSD to the peice of crap and call it Panther. Did they pay the BSD people for development work?
Liars and thieves. Iphone sucks, it has no multitasking?
WTF?

Who designed this thing, Microsoft?

Bunch of Morons!

nmeofdst8

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
hold on a sec...You are telling me the co-founder of Apple doesn't have clearance to see an Apple product, WTF is up with that? How does that happen?

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
[citation][nom]nmeofdst8[/nom]hold on a sec...You are telling me the co-founder of Apple doesn't have clearance to see an Apple product, WTF is up with that? How does that happen?[/citation]

I don't think that is the point. The breach of confidence by the tech is what is at question here. Did he have clearance from his team manager to show anyone the iPad 3G (an unreleased product)? If he was duty bound by an NDA and he breached that, he was in the wrong.

That Wozniak blabbed is an entirely separate matter. IMHO Wozniak should have known better than to tell Jobs that a member of Apple's staff had been indiscrete. Wozniak knows Steve Jobs and he's more than aware of Apple's absolute attitude to product secrecy.

The tech demonstrated a profound lapse of maturity. Wozniak, as a teacher, should have seen right through that and warned the tech off. But clearly, Wozniak's curiosity got the better of him and it cost the tech his job.

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Seems like Steve Jobs is still as messed up as Noah Wiley portrayed him in Pirates of Silicon Valley...

That person who was let go probably has a family, kids... a mortgage, a car payment...

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
You guys crack me up.

Apple doesn't fire employee who lost iPhone Protoype. Apple haters response = "WTF APPLE FIRE THAT STUPID KID GO GIZMODO HAR HAR HAR."

Apple fires employee for showing iPad 3G Prototype. Apple haters response = "WTF APPLE HOW DARE YOU FIRE THAT KID. I HATE APPLE."

I know you guys are just a bunch of useless trolls but you could try to at least organize and keep your stories straight. Either you are mad about the firing or you are mad about the not firing but you can't be mad about both. This is getting ridiculous. You guys need to find better hobbies.

G

Frankly, I would not want to work for Apple. I think Apple is a bit over the top and for a public company to not come clean about Steve Jobs health. That to me says just about enough about how secretive Apple is and how poorly it handles itself in the public eye.

G

Gray Powell isn't fired, but is on suspension because he didn't report the loss right away and wait for a few days. That tester got fired because while non-3G iPad is clear to bring out of the building, the 3G one is not, and is still under NDA and cannot show it to people other than those who already signed the NDA for the project.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
keep the bullshit coming apple...one day even the dolts who buy your overpriced shinny crap will get fed up with you..and ill be a happy man, i have money riding on your downfall.

G

apple is an amazing company and makes really good products, i dont see why you guys are so mad about this whole thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.