Apple Trademarks ''There's an App for That''

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
at least they cant trademark the droid: Flash? theres a phone for that!..... at least for now (maybe a long time!)

ZaKa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Bluescreendeath[/nom]App means application, not apple. Screw apple for trademarking a generic catchphrase...[/citation]

But, there's also apples for that.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Not only did they get away with trademarking this generic phrase, they get away with lawsuits over people have a logo with apples in it. Ridiculous... they must pay off a lot of people.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
so maybe if i get enough money, i can just trademark the entire dictionary. every word and every phrase. if any of you say a single word, i will sue you for millions upon millions of dollars, and if you can't pay for it, you're going to prison. i wont stop until every human on earth has given me all their money, is in prison, or everyone just stops talking. actually no, i'll trademark living, so only i can be alive, and you will all die so i will be the last one standing. ahh look who wins..:)

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Good for them!Love sells, hate sells, & annoying sells! There'll be more love, hate, & annoyances to boost Apple & non Apple for all.

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
wtf !
I should trademark "it's time for dinner" before some other bastard gets it and sues me for saying it.
This is ridiculous

iboomer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
[citation][nom]fjjb[/nom]at least they cant trademark the droid: Flash? theres a phone for that!..... at least for now (maybe a long time!)[/citation]

Wouldn't that be a hoot:

Steve: We want to trademark the word 'droid'
Patent Office: Sorry Steve, but George already has that patent.
Steve: The hell he does, where's my lawyer?
Steve's Lawyer: Sir, are you sure about this CAD order?
Steve: I'll show them, it was my idea all along....
George's Secretary: Mr. Lucas, we got a Cease And Desist from Apple on the use of the word 'droid'
George: Where's my Death Star?

el_bastardo74

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
so, i've been mistaken this whole time. i thought it was already patented, and i thought it was "there's an app for crap" seeing as it could then only truly apply to apple products

Status
Not open for further replies.