Apple Trademarks ''There's an App for That''

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
at least they cant trademark the droid: Flash? theres a phone for that!..... at least for now (maybe a long time!)

ZaKa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Bluescreendeath[/nom]App means application, not apple. Screw apple for trademarking a generic catchphrase...[/citation]

But, there's also apples for that.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Not only did they get away with trademarking this generic phrase, they get away with lawsuits over people have a logo with apples in it. Ridiculous... they must pay off a lot of people.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
so maybe if i get enough money, i can just trademark the entire dictionary. every word and every phrase. if any of you say a single word, i will sue you for millions upon millions of dollars, and if you can't pay for it, you're going to prison. i wont stop until every human on earth has given me all their money, is in prison, or everyone just stops talking. actually no, i'll trademark living, so only i can be alive, and you will all die so i will be the last one standing. ahh look who wins..:)

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Good for them!Love sells, hate sells, & annoying sells! There'll be more love, hate, & annoyances to boost Apple & non Apple for all.

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
wtf !
I should trademark "it's time for dinner" before some other bastard gets it and sues me for saying it.
This is ridiculous

iboomer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
[citation][nom]fjjb[/nom]at least they cant trademark the droid: Flash? theres a phone for that!..... at least for now (maybe a long time!)[/citation]

Wouldn't that be a hoot:

Steve: We want to trademark the word 'droid'
Patent Office: Sorry Steve, but George already has that patent.
Steve: The hell he does, where's my lawyer?
Steve's Lawyer: Sir, are you sure about this CAD order?
Steve: I'll show them, it was my idea all along....
George's Secretary: Mr. Lucas, we got a Cease And Desist from Apple on the use of the word 'droid'
George: Where's my Death Star?

el_bastardo74

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
so, i've been mistaken this whole time. i thought it was already patented, and i thought it was "there's an app for crap" seeing as it could then only truly apply to apple products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Streaming Video & TVs 0
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
rad07 Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
H Streaming Video & TVs 5