Apple Trying to Shutdown Android with Galaxy Nexus Ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]WyomingKnott[/nom]That makes his death sound suspicious.[/citation]
Not really, at least if you consider for the fact that it was well know that he was sick a long time before he ever said that, it's so surprise.

Either way, this cannot be good. Let's hope Apple fails, let's hope the lawyers know what they are talking about.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
This just in, Apple patents breathing through your nose, everyone not owning an Apple product must breathe through their mouth and thus be called "mouth breathers".

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Not really, at least if you consider for the fact that it was well know that he was sick a long time before he ever said that, it's so surprise.Either way, this cannot be good. Let's hope Apple fails, let's hope the lawyers know what they are talking about.[/citation]
Yeah, sick and greedy. Jobs to whatever he believed in as a higher power: I wanted to stifle innovation, after all, I invented innovation.

Sounds like Bill Gates and Jobs were alike in this respect. My bet is karma will come back and bite them in the butt. George Eastman stole many ideas from his competitors, and look where Kodak is now - on the brink of collapse. However, I see Gates and Jobs more intent on controlling the world rather than let people freely innovate. WTF??? crApple has $60bn US in the bank and its not enough for them??

My bet is crApple will fail. They are desperate because their suits were thrown out overseas. And who cares if Google modifies their code - making "infringement" obvious. Infringing on a patent, is, after all, legal. All that a patent does is give a company rights to sue for such infringement.

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
simple proposal: make all such patents only last for 1 year.
after that, the technology becomes public use. The money is usually made by then anyway.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]NightLight[/nom]simple proposal: make all such patents only last for 1 year.after that, the technology becomes public use. The money is usually made by then anyway.[/citation]

Apple can't kill Google or Android phones - all they'll do is force a higher % of the sales of each phone.

With all the Android phones sold around the world, Apple will make much more money just tapping each sale for a %.

Destroying Android would actually be STUPID at this point, for Apple. They'd make much more money off them keeping them up and running.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
What is wrong with Apple. All they want is a communist world where they are the only phone manufacturer and everyone bows down to them. Seriously, don't they have enough money already. Why don't they focus on treating their workers with respect in China and actually pay them more than a $1 an hour. This shows they don't care about anyone except themselves and money. I am glad that Steve Handjobs is rotting in Hell.

G

I really hope Steve Jobs is rotting in hell right now. $@%^ anyone who continues to support Apple.

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
It is sad to see somenoe trying to sue, because of being afraid of competition.
Make great products instead, so the other guy can't sell, so they go out of business the real capitalist way!

idono

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
The surprising part is that the US government keeps ignoring the blatant fact that Apple is anticompetetive in all manners possible.

PrimalGecko

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
[citation][nom]zzz_b[/nom]It is sad to see somenoe trying to sue, because of being afraid of competition.Make great products instead, so the other guy can't sell, so they go out of business the real capitalist way![/citation]

The problem is supposedly Apple does make great products, yet they still are not number one. Instead of doing something more innovative (Apple is NOT innovative, they are the ultimate copycat - they just market their products much better than anyone else and put their stuff in prettier cases), they sue everyone based on software patents (with the exception of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 suit). This is further proof that software patents need to be discarded as most software patents are very generic concepts that many parties can easily "invent" to solve a problem. If there was a blatant copy of mechanical and material function, then great, sue until your heart's content. Software should only be covered under copyright, not patents (and this is coming from a software developer).

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Apple can't kill Google or Android phones - all they'll do is force a higher % of the sales of each phone.With all the Android phones sold around the world, Apple will make much more money just tapping each sale for a %.Destroying Android would actually be STUPID at this point, for Apple. They'd make much more money off them keeping them up and running.[/citation]

I'm not trying to defend apple, i totally agree. It's the patent system that allows these situations to exist in the first place. Time to take care of the root problem, not the symptoms.

PrimalGecko

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
[citation][nom]idono[/nom]The surprising part is that the US government keeps ignoring the blatant fact that Apple is anticompetetive in all manners possible.[/citation]
Exactly my point to Apple supporters. A friend of mine constantly posts on boards and FB about how being free is something everyone should fight for, yet uses an iPhone from a company that is the most restrictive and wants to control 100% of everything you do with their manufacturered goods. The hypocrisy of Apple users is astounding.

G

Of course they are trying to shut them down. It's a better product.

Status
Not open for further replies.