Apple Unveils iTunes 8, Touts Genius Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

somasaint

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
later this week will be a "apple sued by.. [insert pandora music algorithms group]" for genius feature in iTunes.

i would have a better opinion of apple it was Woz not Jobs

G

Itunes is an absolutely CRAP application - just another version of a program designed to control the way you listen to music and watch videos. Do yourself a favor - don't eb a lemming avoid this app and anything Apple.

G

I don't like apple and the fact that "genius" sends my information to apple is invasive. Why should I pay $2.99 if they are gathering my music habits for free? I use songbird since it plays all itunes drm crap and it's free as well with out some big shot making millions telling me how and when to listen to my music.

Anthony20022

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Privacy nuts may take issue with Genius, however, as iTunes collects anonymous music collection data (and perhaps listening habits) to send to Apple to help develop the playlists.

In addition to being anonymous, having Genius send your listening information to Apple is completely voluntary and must first be activated before anything is sent; so 'privacy nuts' have much to worry about.

arges86

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
Is there any benefit to the 64-bit version of iTunes? or is it the same thing as the x86 with a 64-bit installer

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I'm not sure why they named the feature "genius", when they were already trying to market their tech support by that name.

Interesting they use the word "genius" though. Isn't Apple made for people who are too stupid to get Linux to work? Too stupid to see Windows' greater compatibility? Or too stupid to use a normal computer in general, needing things like a feature that auto sorts their music?

G

updated to itunes 8, as a mac user owning a g4 pwdbk and help troubleshoot a macpro and other tech troubleshooting for another mac using friend, i hated it. it has that check to see if you have legal song copy drm crap. and the interface is just confusing. also it hogs some memory.if i were jobs, i would seriously jump off a building now

G

I used genius for the first time today... it put the smashing pumpkins on a playlist with the string quartet. almost similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.