Apple's Siri Won't Help You Find an Abortion Clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]KonstantinDK[/nom]Jusus Christ, for once Apple does domething good and noble and you blame them for it>Cut them some slack.[/citation]
Surely it's the person's choice whether or not they want an abortion? It's not against the religion (assuming it's Christianity) - free will overcomes the evil. Why? Because God allowed Satan to become 'evil' - free will. If it wasn't allowed, surely there'd be no Satan?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]Surely it's the person's choice whether or not they want an abortion? It's not against the religion (assuming it's Christianity) - free will overcomes the evil. Why? Because God allowed Satan to become 'evil' - free will. If it wasn't allowed, surely there'd be no Satan?[/citation]
God allows free will, organised religeons don't
It's a very fine distinction

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]God allows free will, organised religeons don't...It's a very fine distinction[/citation]
Which is why religions suck. 'cept Buddhism, those dudes are kewl.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
If you use your smartphone to find an abortion clinic, you should probably spend a little more time thinking about what you are doing.

G

this is not noble. people must be free to pick their choice and use their instruments the way they want them to do: a gun is a terrible weapon, but it's noble if used to save lives.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]If you use your smartphone to find an abortion clinic, you should probably spend a little more time thinking about what you are doing.[/citation]

Unless you're like a lot of young adults or teenagers who use their phone almost exclusively for online interaction and fact finding. On topic (kinda) I like the whole "my body, my choice" idea. Where if you choose not to have an abortion good for you, but don't tell me what I can or can't do with my body.

Also +1 to the guy who said god allows free will, organized religions don't.

Now we wait for the really extreme religious people to get involved in the conversation....

G

I think this has to do something with Steve jobs history... the way his mother couldn't support him...

G

Wow, some people really do sit around all day just trying to think of ways to drum up drama and lawsuits. If you need Siri to help you find an abortion clinic you're probably being a bit too impulsive.

Shodar

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]If you use your smartphone to find an abortion clinic, you should probably spend a little more time thinking about what you are doing.[/citation]

You realize you are asking crApple users to think for themselves? Is this even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.