Apps won't load over WiFi on Galaxy SIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Painter

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
About a week ago I upgraded to comcast internet and for some reason some apps, like facebook and instagram, won't load images and sometimes won't load at all on my phone but work just fine over 4G. It's obviously something with the modem/router they gave me. Because my apps worked fine on my old verizon modem/router. Apps like google chrome and a few others work just fine over wifi. But facebook and instagram will not load images at all and take forever to load. The internet works just fine on all my computers.

Here are some things I've tried.

resetting the router/modem
deleting and reinstalling the apps
resetting my phone
changing router password and security type / disabling the password
changing router firewall settings
Turning off wifi power saving in my phone

I can't seem to find a solid solution to this anywhere on the web. I see some people saying it could be related to the MTU and others saying it could be DNS related.

Any help would be appreciated.

BloodHK47

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
There should be like a forget network option or disconnect option in the settings on your phone for your connected wifi network. I know with the iPhone, you can reset network settings which will reset connections to wifi networks you've been to, helping out if there's connection problems.

I would also check with comcast if they f'd up the initial installation for service, sometimes that happens but I don't know if they'd charge you if there isn't a problem or not.

Doug Painter

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

I've already tried that and it didn't work. I don't think the Installation was messed up as the Internet and wifi work fine on my computers and on Google Chrome on my phone. Just not in some apps like Facebook and instagram.

Alece Verga

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

Doug I just started having that issue last night.. facebook on android will load fine but news feed and comments won't show all of the sudden. It worked then out of nowhere nope.! I factory reset the phone because now I can't send email over WIFI :( I have a Comcast gateway..and a Galaxy S 3.. I don't know what's going on. Someone please help!

Doug Painter

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

I'm still having the same problem. The Facebook and instagram apps will not load over wifi. I mean, they do... but it takes about 15 minutes. My google chrome app works fine over wifi as well as the twitter app. I gave up trying to fix it. I can't find a solution anywhere.

Landsmo

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I have the exact same issues with no answer. Have tried all of the same things and spent endless hours on the phone. Comcast refuses to send a technician and won't even do a level 2 remote service over the phone without a $99 fee. Complete garbage.

HeadlessSMURF

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

I'm also having the same issue. But im also a gamer and sometimes I'll be online but I can't connect to any of the game servers. I'll reboot several times then it will work but once I back out it would happen again.

I have the xfinity modem which I think is the cause of it and possible the fact other devices are connected to the wifi.

Doug Painter

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
This is a little late but all my apps just suddenly started working over wifi again one day. The problem seemed to correct itself. It happened a few days after I updated to Android 4.3. It didn't happen instantly though. After the update the apps still wouldn't load over wifi for a few days but then out of nowhere they seemed to work over wifi again.

Tauniyah

Estimable
Mar 29, 2014

boghner1

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014

I wish I had an answer, as I too experience the same issue. I pay $80 a month for "EXTREME" internet, but my apps on my Moto Droid RAZR will not load. Some do, but Facebook, Texas Hold 'Em Pro, Snapchat and YouTube will not load. I turn WiFi off on my phone, and boom they load no problem. The same problems exist on my girlfriends phone; an HTC Inspire..

ghuzar

Estimable
Apr 20, 2014
I have a S3 and had issues opening up playstore or others apps via wifi but can open via 3G..all I did was clicked on forgot the network and then switched off the router, then turned it on and connected wifi...everything was working fine again....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

herohalitaj

Estimable
May 9, 2014

did u find a problem i have this too but i dont know how to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.