ARC connection failed

Sn00py

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
I have a Sony KD 43x8309c and Sony CT 380 sound bar. Purchased three days ago together witha brand new HDMI ARC compliant lead When I first connected the sound bar it did connect through the ARC Connection Switched on the next day and NO connection through the sound bar, have done a hard reset of both unitss and rechecked all settings but still no sound via the ARC lead. I do however get a connection using the optical lead, but unable to control volume through the tv remote. Please is there anyone that can help solve this problem.
Sony have advised doing a full reset of both units which I have done now on two occasions.

Sn00py

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
I have replaced the HDMI cable between the TV and BDV system and it does support ARC?
The HDMI cable is fully seated in the correct ports (HDMI1 on the TV)
You have factory reset both the tv and BDV
You have checked that Bravia Sync in enabled on the tv
You have checked that 'Control for HDMI' is set to ON, on the BDV
You have checked that 'Audio Return Channel' is set to AUTO on the BDV?

If you have any other devices connected to the tv can you unplug them and test ? Does this still fail?
UNPLUGGING the HMDI Leads EXCEPT the ARC lead and switching ON the tv ad sound bar it connects so it is obviously a conflict somwhere with one or more of the devices. So thanks for the time in replying I will do more research and find out which device(s) cause the conflict.
I got this solution from the Sony Support forum

If all this is the case, i can only assume a hardware failure on the port itself on either the TV or BDV - as i cannot think of any other reason or option to adjust. You may want to contact Sony Support to see if they have any other advice.

Sn00py

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
I have replaced the HDMI cable between the TV and BDV system and it does support ARC?
The HDMI cable is fully seated in the correct ports (HDMI1 on the TV)
You have factory reset both the tv and BDV
You have checked that Bravia Sync in enabled on the tv
You have checked that 'Control for HDMI' is set to ON, on the BDV
You have checked that 'Audio Return Channel' is set to AUTO on the BDV?

If you have any other devices connected to the tv can you unplug them and test ? Does this still fail?
UNPLUGGING the HMDI Leads EXCEPT the ARC lead and switching ON the tv ad sound bar it connects so it is obviously a conflict somwhere with one or more of the devices. So thanks for the time in replying I will do more research and find out which device(s) cause the conflict.
I got this solution from the Sony Support forum

If all this is the case, i can only assume a hardware failure on the port itself on either the TV or BDV - as i cannot think of any other reason or option to adjust. You may want to contact Sony Support to see if they have any other advice.