Solved! ARC Problems. Samsung HW N960 and Samsung UE55HU7505

Dec 12, 2018
Hi, I have a Samsung UE55HU7505 and have bought me a HW n860 soundbar.

In the soundbar I have connected Apple TV 4k and an HTCP PC to the two HDMI inputs. It is also a HDMI cable from the HDMI ARC on the soundbar to the HDMI ARC on the TV.
It worked fine for a few hours, and I could switch between the two devices from the remote control to the soundbar.

Now it's completely impossible. The soundbar shows TV ARC in displays, and responds on the display with HDMI1 when I press the Apple TV remote control, but nothing happens on the TV. Looks like it's trying to switch to HDMI 1, but it just says that no cable is connected. Have been trying to re setup ANYNET CEC and disconnect everything and back in, but doesnt work..

What works on the other hand, is if I connect the HDMI cable between the spundbar and the TV into the HDMI 1 input of the TV. But then there is no possibility of switching between devices, so I only get up the Apple TV. that is in HDMI 1 on the soundbar..

Heeelp?

Solution
Turn off Anynet CEC in the TV menu.
Unless you are using the TV tuner or app you should connect the soundbar to a regular HDMI input. The ARC (audio return channel) serves absolutely no purpose.