Archos Intros First Sub-$200 Honeycomb Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
What would really make me salivate is if it has an IPS screen like the Fire. Given it's lack of mention, I'm thinking not.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Not bad at all. An inexpensive tablet with plain Android AND another OS, good hardware specs and all. Excellent for a daily beater for traveling and such, yet with some videoconferencing abilities as well.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
If somebody could develop a cheap comics reader tablet, large size, like 12" or little more. Slower CPU/GPU, quality screen, super thin, super low power. I'd be grateful :)
Upcoming Samsung 12" seems nice, but probably going to be expensive..

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
The SD slot and the webcam both make it worth considering. I live outside the US and Skype is my only means of communicating with family most of the year, so having a Skype portable device that fits easily in my pocket, but which is bigger than a phone/ Ipod would be tempting to me. I have been using the Fire and it is ok but could certainly be better with an SD slot and a camera. You could cheaply expand onboard memory to 32GB with the SD slot.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Sounds promising. GPS was not mentioned. Not available or just not mentioned ?
I think GPS capability is essential in a device designed to travel with you. The instant 'I am lost' help in your pocket. Hey, it may even get us guys to 'ask for directions' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.