Arctis Pro + GameDac and Maximus Hero X Audio help

Sentenex

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
Hey community , I recently upgraded my pc throwing in a Maximus Hero x motherboard which is said to have a gamedac built in... I also purchased a pair of Arctis Pro + GameDac accompanied with it, but Im unsure if they audio would make a difference at all. I have a budget of $250 and trying to make the most of my audio using the motherboard rather than the external dac.

Solution
I have the Hero X wi-fi and use the Arctis Pro + Gamedac. The Hero uses the ESS9023 while the gamedac uses the ESS 9018. The gamedac sounds cleaner and crisper to me as well as being considerably louder with the gain set to high. I prefer thge gamedac over the onboard dac.
Sep 19, 2018
I have the Hero X wi-fi and use the Arctis Pro + Gamedac. The Hero uses the ESS9023 while the gamedac uses the ESS 9018. The gamedac sounds cleaner and crisper to me as well as being considerably louder with the gain set to high. I prefer thge gamedac over the onboard dac.

Solution

Sentenex

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015

Are you using the PC setting or the HiRes for teh gamedac? I'm not sure whats going to provide the best audio for gaming. DTS just sounds like virtual surround so I'm trying to steer away from that.