Are Huawei, ZTE Phones Actually Unsafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldmikey15

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
It seems a bit rich calling apple products more secure than other brand communication products ,
If i remember correctly during 2017 apple had to do an emergency update because hackers could completly take over iphones by stealth without the owners even knowing ?
It would seem a more accurate statement is that it is far more likely that no communication device is truly secure against any person or agency that has the skills or determination
To hack them and wants to get up to mischief .
Also , given that many devices and componenta are built in cheap labor countrys then shipped to the home country ,
one would imagine that makes it even more improbable any phone device is truly secure.
I could be wrong though ?? .

Feb 20, 2018
I expected more from this site....even at least touching on the obvious aspect that the government is trying to protect the interest of apple. What about the fact that the phones and other devices are used worldwide in large quantities and other governments have no issues. Sigh.

Oldmikey15

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015

Yes , the thought that the US government maybe trying to protect it's home grown brand did cross my mind as well .
Or maybe it could even be tit for tat political grandstanding ,
Who knows ?
I don't feel in any more or less danger on my huawei device than my LG phone or Galaxy phone .
Let's face it , you have to use a bit of common Sense when ever you use any electronic device and connect to the airwaves these days .
Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.