10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I have these. If you mean the full 20Hz/20KHz frequency range the human ear can hear, yes. They overall do good even though they are not HT quality speakers, But for 5.1 PC speakers with a decent sound card powering them I can jam them up pretty loud with little distortion.

ien2222

Distinguished
Actually they aren't full range. According to Logitech they fall off at 45Hz, I'm willing to bet it's more like in the low 50's though.

@OP: If you're talking about the settings on your computer then yes, you set them to full range. The electronics in the sub will include a crossover that will separate the lows from the mids and highs and send the low end to the sub.

CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014

Nice, so basically I just wanted to know if they are full range for PC settings in Windows and Cyberlink and gaming. I read that setting speakers to full range when they are not can cause speaker damage

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008

Well that's his question. They are full range capable. You just need the hardware power to drive them to get there. It's the same with home theater speakers and needing to buy a high performance receiver to get the speakers to do what they are capable of vs. a cheap receiver (read: onboard motherboard audio driver).

ien2222

Distinguished
His original question didn't specify if he was talking about settings or actual frequency response, I thought I'd just clear that up especially since you didn't specify either.

As for the rest of your post... :pfff: But that's a different discussion.

ien2222

Distinguished
@10tacle: Heh, no worries.

@vacavalier: QUISP!! Man, way back in my childhood there. :D

@OP: I better clarify a bit better here. The answer I gave is correct for your kit, however it may not always be the case. As vac stated, the sats themselves aren't, but since the signal is first sent to the sub where it hits a crossover, taken as a whole it presents itself as a "full range" setup to whatever you are playing on.

The sub itself is playing the role of bass management and it's actually "setting" the sats to small (so to speak) by splitting the signal and only sending the mid/highs to them and keeping the low end for itself.

If you were to set the speakers to small in the settings and then set the crossover to the same frequency as the one used in the sub, there will be little effect. But if the setting is either higher or lower there's a chance you'll create a valley in the frequency response.

Edit: Odd, Vac's response is now gone.

CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014

Sounds like the full range mimicking these speakers do is done regardless of whether I set Windows10/Cyberlink to full range or not.

All this post needs an answer to is whether I should set Windows10/PowerDVD to "full range" or not. I just don't want my speakers to be damaged.

Ie7ywJG.jpg

This thread is over three years old.

Closing.
Wolfshadw