Are the Kraken Pro's worth it?

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
My cat chewed my headphone wires. I need some good cheap headphones (under $70) and the HyperX Cloud Pro is just out of reach. So the Kraken Pro's seem like the next best thing according to reviews. I mostly just want a pair of light, comfortable headphones with good bass and a retractable microphone (if the headphones are really nice then I could deal with a regular microphone). I've had Turtle Beach PX22's and X12's and I want to try something new.

Just a quick question: Is it possible to use USB with my iPod Touch 5G? My S3 doesn't have music on it and I don't want to put music on it so it has to be compatible with the iPod.

Solution
They don't appear to have the Turtle Beach head set that I had before (My brother gave me a pair for free as his company is the importer of turtle beach products for Australia) I'm thinking they where something along the lines of x6 this was a couple years ago now. It was one of the 5.1 sets and I personally thought the sounds was pritty poor, they went a lot louder then my 3.5mm jack Krakens but thats to be expected from a USB powered amped headset. Also the turtle beach ones I had mic was ok, but they broke in 9 months, my Krakens I've had for 2 and a half years now before that I had a different pair of Razer headphones that lasted 6 years, so I might be a bit biased there :p

Update, the Turtle Beach ones where heavy as hell as well...

Vosgy

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
I have a pair or regular Kraken 2.2's and I like them they are nice and light and I barely notice they are there, sound quality is passable and the mic works well. Light does mean they don't feel sturdy of course but that's what you pay for when asking for light, mine are the 3.5mm jack so no idea about USB connection sorry.

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
These will mostly be used at my desk and my couch so I don't need super sturdy headphones. Have you used X12's or PX22's? If so, how do they compare to the Kraken Pro's as far as sound and mic quality go?

Vosgy

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
They don't appear to have the Turtle Beach head set that I had before (My brother gave me a pair for free as his company is the importer of turtle beach products for Australia) I'm thinking they where something along the lines of x6 this was a couple years ago now. It was one of the 5.1 sets and I personally thought the sounds was pritty poor, they went a lot louder then my 3.5mm jack Krakens but thats to be expected from a USB powered amped headset. Also the turtle beach ones I had mic was ok, but they broke in 9 months, my Krakens I've had for 2 and a half years now before that I had a different pair of Razer headphones that lasted 6 years, so I might be a bit biased there :p

Update, the Turtle Beach ones where heavy as hell as well now that I think of it.

Solution