sunniez

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
I was look at the Engadget article about the new zen style and zen style xfi players from creative labs. I was wondering if any one of you here had a chance to play with these new toys or had previous experiences with it. The Zune HD that i am using now is really awesome, but the whole process of using the Zune software to transfer song can be pretty tedious (i can't connect and transfer songs on my friend's computer). So i heard that creative and sansa players are usually very computer friendly ... is this true?

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
unless creative have bought out a new line of MP3/PMPs I am familiar with the X FI 2 which is your best bet. However if you can afford more I think you will be better off with something like a Cowon S9 or a samsung P3, they both have decent screens (particularly the cowon) both seem better than a IPOD lets put it like that, but a bit smaller and both should blow a Ipod out the water with sound.

these two what I just mentioned would be a ideal alternative to your Zune HD, personally coming from a zune I might be tempted with the S9 due to its amazing screen. battery life is one of the best out there, and sound quality... it does quite take all the file formats it should but it size a nice gadget. you can also get custom user interfaces as well as its only a flash based OS.

If you want a PMP that can take most if not all of the major formats plus a decent blue tooth speaker phone, than Samsung P3. Its not as customisable as the cown but Samsung do a decent job on user interfaces anyway.

If you can't don't worry to much about it the creative X FI 2 will do a decent job, but I do find the interface slow at times, it does have a nice screen for its price. and of course being a creative the sound quality is one up as well.

2fast2furious

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008

Hey AMG, thanks for your reply! I think i will go with the x fi 2 as budget as the price is one of my deciding factor. Cheers!

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008

Hope you enjoy, get it flashed to the lastest firmware than it will be a bit better, I do find its own software a pain in the butt through as it seems to have a mind of its own, you need that to put videos on it