Are there any good gaming earbuds? Do they even exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrshady

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
Hi so I just got glasses because of my headaches and now the problem is that my headset got very uncomfortable to use because of the glasses. So the only solution would be getting earbuds(if there is another solution please tell me). I'm also a gamer so i want earbuds that works for gaming basically i want directional sound and at the same time i want some pretty good audio quality I'm no audiophile but i still want some pretty god audio quality. I'm getting a table mic so the earbuds don't need a mic.

Sorry for my bad english. :/

Solution
well they arent going to be as lightweight as earbuds. both weigh about half a pound but thats par for the course on most headphones/sets. i wouldnt say they are going to be any worse weight-wise than whatever headset you have now.

if you absolutely needed in-ears... your best audio will come from IEMS (such as the klipsch r6i) and are often more comfortable but some do not like how IEMS sit inside your ear. earbuds do not sit deep however can be uncomfortable for long periods of time and lack isolation.

my suggestion would be with over ears, but thats also just my preference.
some headphones are known to be comfortable for even people with glasses. i know beyerdynamic dt770/880/990's are and the audiotechncia ad500/700/900x. i've heard that the hd598 isnt terrible for glasses users either but doesnt get quite as much buzz from the glasses wearing crowd for comfort as the two others i listed.

Mrshady

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015

Hmm i will be looking in to that but one question are those headphones heavy? because i will be using the headphones alot.

well they arent going to be as lightweight as earbuds. both weigh about half a pound but thats par for the course on most headphones/sets. i wouldnt say they are going to be any worse weight-wise than whatever headset you have now.

if you absolutely needed in-ears... your best audio will come from IEMS (such as the klipsch r6i) and are often more comfortable but some do not like how IEMS sit inside your ear. earbuds do not sit deep however can be uncomfortable for long periods of time and lack isolation.

my suggestion would be with over ears, but thats also just my preference.

Solution

Xialon

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
Sennheiser G4ME Headset.

They have massive cans that can fit even the biggest of ears. Super soft memory form with the softest leather you will ever feel (for the closed back ones). I sometimes game with Gunnar Gaming Glasses, and I don't have any trouble of pressure building up on my head due to the memory form.

Audio is superb with deep, booming bass with clear mids and sharp highs. Only downside is the 150 ohm impedance, so you have to make sure you have the power to drive them. I personally use the Creative Soundblaster External Omni 5.1 sound card because I don't have room in my PC for a PCI-E sound card, and it was the cheapest sound card I could find with an amp and the ability to hook up BOTH my speakers AND my headset without having to swap out cables all the time.

The mic on the G4ME is one of the best. Most gaming headsets skimp on the mics sometimes, but here....you're going to get the best. Clear pick up of your voice. I game with a window AC unit AND a fan in my room. With both of them on and blowing and making noise...no one in my teamspeak can hear it because the mic is so good at noise cancelling.

JayzTwoCents and Barnacles Nerdgasm both made review on YouTube. Check them out.

If you definetily need earbuds, I would agree with ssddx with the IEM's. I down the IE-80's myself, but Klipsch and Shure would be other great choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.