are there any problems with buying cheap no-name brand phones

vandalizing9

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
Are there anything wrong with phones from china that seems to offer good specs for a low price like a HOMTOM ZOJI Z8 or Meiigoo S8. I never see anyone with these kind of phones so i wonder what are the downsides.

got myself a blu phone from walmart. had two issues.one the factory image had a virus on it. and the vendor itself does not support newer version of android as it uses 3 party chipset. stuck at version 5.1 of android. (90.00) few weeks latter took my friend to metro pcs gave him updates samsung j3 for same price i paid for no name phone.

got myself a blu phone from walmart. had two issues.one the factory image had a virus on it. and the vendor itself does not support newer version of android as it uses 3 party chipset. stuck at version 5.1 of android. (90.00) few weeks latter took my friend to metro pcs gave him updates samsung j3 for same price i paid for no name phone.

juan.cervera1738

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
I recently bought a Chinese made phone called Xiaomi after losing my iPhone for 200usd it had 4gb of ram only 3 usable 13 mp back camera and a 4200 mAh battery best 200bucks I spent also had dual sim 32gb of memory with a slot to expand the memory best ohone I had yet.

rgd1101

Titan

Xiaomi is not a no-name brand. might be to you, but it is not

evilaunt

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
The BLU HD R-1 I purchased through Amazon for $55 has been pretty good. Only real gripe is the right side of the touchscreen is rather unresponsive, have to poke pretty hard to get it to respond.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Mobile Gaming 1
S Mobile Gaming 3
O Mobile Gaming 6
R Mobile Gaming 1
coolnate390 Mobile Gaming 3
G Mobile Gaming 1
J Mobile Gaming 3
7 Mobile Gaming 1
S Mobile Gaming 3
F Mobile Gaming 1
S Mobile Gaming 1