are there any problems with buying cheap no-name brand phones

vandalizing9

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
Are there anything wrong with phones from china that seems to offer good specs for a low price like a HOMTOM ZOJI Z8 or Meiigoo S8. I never see anyone with these kind of phones so i wonder what are the downsides.

Solution
got myself a blu phone from walmart. had two issues.one the factory image had a virus on it. and the vendor itself does not support newer version of android as it uses 3 party chipset. stuck at version 5.1 of android. (90.00) few weeks latter took my friend to metro pcs gave him updates samsung j3 for same price i paid for no name phone.
got myself a blu phone from walmart. had two issues.one the factory image had a virus on it. and the vendor itself does not support newer version of android as it uses 3 party chipset. stuck at version 5.1 of android. (90.00) few weeks latter took my friend to metro pcs gave him updates samsung j3 for same price i paid for no name phone.

Solution

juan.cervera1738

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
I recently bought a Chinese made phone called Xiaomi after losing my iPhone for 200usd it had 4gb of ram only 3 usable 13 mp back camera and a 4200 mAh battery best 200bucks I spent also had dual sim 32gb of memory with a slot to expand the memory best ohone I had yet.

rgd1101

Don't

Xiaomi is not a no-name brand. might be to you, but it is not

evilaunt

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
The BLU HD R-1 I purchased through Amazon for $55 has been pretty good. Only real gripe is the right side of the touchscreen is rather unresponsive, have to poke pretty hard to get it to respond.