Are there any VPN suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Hi.

I am unsure where to post this.

I live in Canada and have been trying to watch various videos on the internet that sometimes are blocked by geo-location. I don't live in America and there are videos I cannot watch. I am considering getting VPN, either pay or free.

Currently I do not have netflix or anything like that. If I did I would potentially have VPN for that. I'd have netflix in Canada and pay again for the American one. But this is not what I am using VPN for. I want to watch videos on youtube or other web-sites which could include yahoo news.

Are there any recommendations for VPN? Any type? Is there a difference between a pay or free one? Any advice is welcome too.

I hope it is not too complicated, it just seems it needs to be setup. And i hope it's easy to switch back and forth.

Thank you.

Brian V.

Solution
There are plenty of VPN providers you can sign for free trial. In most cases, the VPN setup is done using standard Windows configuration.

These guys even provide "free service", but you will get what you pay for.

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Hi Alabalcho.

I was reading that most free VPN's keep track of your usage, are more willing to give your information to governments and others and probably send ad's. I have been given a few VPN's to check out by other people. I'll take some advice here too. It's difficult to figure out who has a good range for their services and isn't sending ad's, etc. A web-ste by the company isn't very informative.

This won't help OP being in Canada and wanting to appear to be in USA (unless he/she can put that server somewhere in USA...)

Status
Not open for further replies.