Are these parts compatible with each other?

iMonster

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
I'd like to know if these parts are compatible to run?
I got an HP G62 laptop with intel i3 330M and I'm upgrading to a i7-640M @2.8Ghz - Turbo: 3.5GHz.
and I heard about eGPUs that can run on PCI express so I was putting in mind to get something like GTX 750Ti or something kinda lower or higher, I don't know actually.
So, in brief, is the i7-640M compatible with the range of GTX750Ti?

You are a lot better selling the laptop as it is and buying a faster one that want. It may work with the CPU, may not, I don't see any G62 model with an i7.

External video card, if the laptop has a mini PCIe slot, it may run, but it's limited to PCIe 1x speeds which would bottleneck a 750 Ti. So either sell a working laptop, or crack it open, try to see if you can upgrade it and take the chance of it not working again. I've read quite a few posts when someone took apart a laptop and it never ran again.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Your better of buying a new laptop with an i7 and all the surrounding components will integrate better. OEM's build their laptops without much upgrade capabilities except the big gaming machines.

iMonster

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
But actaully, I don't have that much money and I don't actually know if the laptop can be sold for a good price however I'll be searching, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS