Solution
from what i've heard the 2100 had decent surround sound and audio however has a really poor microphone.

as for the 930, its a hard call but i would say its likely a bit of both.

for sub $100 you're probably going to be best suited with either the hyper-x cloud (original). though if you upped your budget a bit... the hd518 paired with a clip on microphone are going to be better overall. if you wanted virtual surround the cheap xonar dg (or free razer software though its not as good) will get you that. headphones > headsets generally when it comes to quality of sound.
the g930 is either loved or hated. for some it works great, for others it randomly disconnects. i've heard both from users here.

if sound quality is paramount and you want to avoid any possible issues i'd stick with wired. your choice though.

JamesAtari

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
Have you heard anything about the Corsair H2100? I wanted the G930 becasue they're kinda cheap and they have G-keys, volume scroll etc. But reading reviews, i heard a lot of people saying they had loads of issues with connectivity and what not, while others adored it.. Would the issues people come across most likely be down to poor hardware/software on the headset rather than a personal issue?

from what i've heard the 2100 had decent surround sound and audio however has a really poor microphone.

as for the 930, its a hard call but i would say its likely a bit of both.

for sub $100 you're probably going to be best suited with either the hyper-x cloud (original). though if you upped your budget a bit... the hd518 paired with a clip on microphone are going to be better overall. if you wanted virtual surround the cheap xonar dg (or free razer software though its not as good) will get you that. headphones > headsets generally when it comes to quality of sound.

Solution

JamesAtari

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014

I think I'm going to take a risk and go with the G930's, I know that a clip on mic and headphones would be better but, i want the convenience of a headset. I was considering the h2100 but if the mics THAT bad, I'll steer clear (I do a lot of voice chat)
Thanks for the help though :ouimaitre: