Are You Ready To Subscribe To Microsoft Office?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
While there might be some advantage by the user from this kind of software distribution, MS wouldn't think twice and cut off the "Old Fashioned" but still requested method. Just like they did with the still requested Windows XP!!
Especially for Office, they've got to cover up the cost of patching their buggy software. There is little reason IMO why would anybody want to buy new, buggy, software (0ffice 2oo7) when the old one works just fine, and if it does not, it can/should be updated/patched without conversion to a completely new crap. If they can add support for .docx for example, they can add support for everything else.
And, security issues would be less of an issue if they made a secure OS in the first place.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
On second thought, this is really good for the user!
I mean, as long as they got their share of the profit, they will "work" on perfecting a "good" software that will probably get better and better, instead of creating something stupid and completely reinvented just because people have already bought their software and are no longer paying them anything, so the "logical" thing to do is screw the customer and come up with a new Office version while cutting back support for the old one.
Still, good thing or not, I will never go for any software that requires/forces me to be online for any reason and for any moment of time at all! If I want to be online, that's my CHOICE.

cmj

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
did anyone said it must get online to use the software?

But I just hate to pay for bundled items that I would never use.

cmj

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
did anyone said it must get online to use the software?

But I just hate to pay for bundled items that I would never use.

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
One subscription per PC? One subscription per person for up to set number of PC? If the latter is the case then it would be worth it for someone who own more than 1 PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS