richiestang_78

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
Um if you are using a single 3.5mm jack on your desktop chances are it wont work since desktop use what is called 3 pole meaning that you need to have a separate 3.5 line for the mic and the speakers. On laptops and other devices they use 4 pole meaning it is carried on one. It has nothing to do with software.

I looked up the headset and it appears that for whatever reason the USB provides only power to the transmitter and still relies on the 3.5 jack for the actual audio. So you will need a splitter do to hardware issue and not software.

I read this title expecting it to be an audiophile rant about mobo on-board sound quality lol... Richie ^ is right, the PC audio jack standard using separate stereo L/R out and mono mic input jacks go way back when the RCA plugs were standard, long before the combined stereo / mono mic on the same TRRS plug. Only newer laptops out in the past few years use TRRS jacks.

A good read:

Understanding TRRS and Audio Jacks

If you need a good splitter, I use this one - works quite well, it sounds like this is what you need: Maeline 3.5mm Female to 2 Male TRRS y-adapter

richiestang_78

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
You keep blaming the software but Realtek is the driver used by many motherboard manufacturers, including Asus which I currently have and have 0 issue with.

You continue to rant about the software when I'm pretty sure this is 100% hardware related. If the Mic and Headset are being detected but no sound then there is a fault somewhere in the Mic itself or the receiver that is connected to the computer.

In the Recording control (right click on speaker then click recording devices) when you talk does the green bar next to the Mic move at all? If it does then sound is being picked up, the enxt thing to do would be to open up the properties for the mic and increase the levels and boost.