Solved! Aspire M5-481PT usb 2.0 not working

Sep 22, 2021
Hi, i have this laptop that have two usb 3.0 ports, they works fine when i plug in usb 3.0 devices but only one works with 2.0, the other one that appears to be battery powered or something, doesnt detect anything that use 2.0 usb like mouse, only 3.0 usb stuff. In the photo is the one that have the battery icon. It have been checked twice and doesnt seems to be a hardware issue, Can somebody help me?(It stopped worked after i updated to uefi w10, the usb port doesnt work on bios neither).
b2eb54f0f15fee18992e84bba79acf9a.jpg

Solution
The battery icon means that this USB 3.0 port supports charging USB 3.0 devices whether the laptop is turned on or off.
The problem here is probably the driver for the USB port not being the right one for Windows 10. Look for the USB driver after entering your Acer's Serial Number or SNID here: Download Acer Support Drivers and Manuals

You should have the Acer USB Charge Manager software on your laptop. Maybe there is an option there that relates to this issue? I haven't used it myself, as I do not own an Acer PC. What is the Acer USB Charge Manager software? - Acer Community

mrmike16

Honorable
The battery icon means that this USB 3.0 port supports charging USB 3.0 devices whether the laptop is turned on or off.
The problem here is probably the driver for the USB port not being the right one for Windows 10. Look for the USB driver after entering your Acer's Serial Number or SNID here: Download Acer Support Drivers and Manuals

You should have the Acer USB Charge Manager software on your laptop. Maybe there is an option there that relates to this issue? I haven't used it myself, as I do not own an Acer PC. What is the Acer USB Charge Manager software? - Acer Community

Solution