Assange: Facebook an Appalling Spying Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Assange speaking out against spying and espionage. The irony here is delicious

rainwilds

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
Great to see this post. It is true the CIA have special access to Google: Facebook and YouTube. YouTube censor certain videos and many activist Facebook groups have been closed down.

G

I get that feeling when using these sites they feel so establishment, its like, Hi my name is Ronald Mcdonald, come and post crap.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]shandi235[/nom]Assange speaking out against spying and espionage. The irony here is delicious[/citation]

he reports it, but doesnt gather it personally. and defiantly not on the innocent people.

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
This guys knows the score, it's why discerning people around the world are canning their accounts. All you people who think this guy is a crazy, you're actually living in a version of the matrix.

G

Thx, Tom's Hardware, for not suppressing the truth. You play a major role in getting the truth out there... even thought the vast majority of people reading this article are likely to be "sheeple" with no mind of their own. People, use your critical thinking skills and WAKE UP!

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
They can kill us all and they probably will. I for one will use facebook as a tool to better organize my social life until they do.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
This is suppose to be surprising? Who didn't know this already? I mean its not just them its anyone anywhere. And i really don't see how face book organizes your social life. waste of time.

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Wouldn't it be easier to get a person's name and have the cell phone company track you?

So what if you know my name and relationship status?

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[quote"the most appalling spying machine ever invented."

Huh, that seems like a description of wikileaks.][/quote]

Wikileaks is about transparency of government, not spying on civilian's private information.

G

America is such a disgrace, talk about land of the free; Land of the willfully ignorant perhaps.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]soundefx[/nom]Wouldn't it be easier to get a person's name and have the cell phone company track you?So what if you know my name and relationship status?[/citation]
They are already doing that.
And, if they know all your friends, they know you got no where to hide if you run. Even if you purposely don't keep contacts with your escape point, somebody else might have, friend of friend, and hop, they got you. That is assuming you do something wrong. If you don't, they don't care.
It is not a means to get the high profile 007s. It is a means to get normal criminals, or those that go and update their facebook status after escaping from prison or check facebook while robbing a house.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]shandi235[/nom]Assange speaking out against spying and espionage. The irony here is delicious[/citation]
please remind me last time Assange did any spy work?
you got the irony definition wrong.
Whistleblowing ( which is inherently good ) is completely different from spying ( which is not).

G

http://info.publicintelligence.net/Facebook2010.pdf

I am very happy to see tosmshardware and the other comments have such an opinion on the matter. The reason for that is that US media are very powerful and distort reality that it makes it very difficult for any independent thinker inside the US to judge.

"As Neo/Assange woke up, he realised that behind his head there was an interface that CIA could use. The last free thinkers who woke him up told him that in a secret project by US goverment, every child who had been born was implanted with a chip attached to its neural network.

They told him that he is The One due to the fact that he could see the Matrix as it is.

Indeed he could see the Matrix as floating words, news, atricles and he realised that if he believed to him self, if he thinked really hard, he could distort the matrix so that the truth will come out "

Coming In Theaters Near You.

Rated by US Goverment

Warning
This movie uses the truth so it is harmful for adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.