Solution
It is not required, but I recommend it. As for what it does, well...

It's a mix amp. I'm not sure what to say beyond that.

The "amp" portion of it means that it's an amplifier - that is to say, the large volume wheel on it controls the volume, and lets you amplify the signal coming from the computer, meaning you can run your headphones louder. The A40s are pretty powerful cans so unless you have a good sound card, you might be disappointed with the maximum volume you can get out of the headphones.

As for the "mix" portion of it, it works as a mixer. That is to say you can tune it to filter out background music and focus on voices, or filter out voices if your teammates are annoying. You can also switch between four presets, one of...

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
It is not required, but I recommend it. As for what it does, well...

It's a mix amp. I'm not sure what to say beyond that.

The "amp" portion of it means that it's an amplifier - that is to say, the large volume wheel on it controls the volume, and lets you amplify the signal coming from the computer, meaning you can run your headphones louder. The A40s are pretty powerful cans so unless you have a good sound card, you might be disappointed with the maximum volume you can get out of the headphones.

As for the "mix" portion of it, it works as a mixer. That is to say you can tune it to filter out background music and focus on voices, or filter out voices if your teammates are annoying. You can also switch between four presets, one of which does a pretty good job of amplifying footsteps in games.

Solution