Asus A41 X550A battery controller doesn't work

Oct 24, 2017
Hello!
I've got a problem with my laptop battery (A41 X550A). Three or four months ago it stopped charging when i plugged it into the laptop. The laptop showed the message: "Plugged in, not charging." and the battery level was 0%. I opened the battery and checked with a multimeter and saw that one cell was dead (it had 0V).

So, i bought 4 new 18650 cells and replaced the old ones (I charged the cells at 4.2 V before replacing). But, although the total voltage was about 16-17 volts, when i put the battery pack into the laptop it showed me the same message: "Plugged in, not charging", but this time the battery charging percentage was about 83%. But it was still not charging. When i unplugged the power cord from the laptop it suddenly stopped, as if there was no battery.
I opened the battery again and checked the voltage, but there was no change. I also checked every individual cell to see if there was any difference between them, but the cell voltages were the same. I believe the PCB that controls the battery's charging process is the problem.
I0i4e

Oct 24, 2017
@helpstar Yes, the charger output is fine (19V), i tested it with another laptop that has the same type of charger. I know that 16-17V is quite normal for the battery. It has got 4 cells, each with a maximum voltage of 4.2V (the maximum voltage is only reached when cells are fully charged). So, 4.2V multiplied by 4 is 16.8V, that is ok, I think.
I would like to know, if you can help me, how can i reset the PCB (printed circuit board) that controlls the cells charging. I think the PCB is not working, since it measures a quite precise voltage (I mean that it shows the correct battery chargin percentage), but it doesn't allow the cells to be charged by the current that flows in from the laptop charger.

Oct 24, 2017

B030Z55
53T64
P6K
This code is wrote on the battery's biggest chip.
At this link you've got an image of the chip:
https://imgur.com/a/442u2

The code written on the thing that makes the connection between the battery and the laptop (the big, gray one in the middle of the board) is: ALLTOP1526
442u2