ASUS A465UQ Low Gaming FPS Performance

AndrewRY

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
I've just bought my new laptop recently about 2-3 weeks ago. The spesification is :
-I5 7200U 2.5 Ghz up to 3.1 Ghz
-RAM 8GB
-Intel HD Graphics 620
-Discrete NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2GB
-1TB Memory
and...... it's run slowly when i play Company Of Heroes 2 in average fps 34, also i've low every aspects in the game but still.... like every 5 minutes it's dropped to. it's same with my PES 2017 performance in medium display. FYI, every aspect is good in requirement spesifications but it's really annoying to have this issues. it's dropped lag and continue clear, lag, and clear, lag, clear continuesly. i've also did the update for the graphics driver but still the same. can someone give me any suggestion ? i've turned the High Performance too

Supahos

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
First thing make sure the games are using the 940 not the onboard video. That is a pretty far cry from a full out gaming laptop but should do a bit better than that. As for company of heroes it's an old game sometimes they just don't perform well when you're using a version of Windows that is 4 generations newer than when the game came out

AndrewRY

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

surely sire, i've managed in the NVIDIA Control Panel - program setting and selected the nvidia graphic for the programs. but it didn't goes well. should i add another RAM or should i downgraded the windows from win10 64 bit to windows 8 maybe ?

AndrewRY

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

i used the CPU ID HMW, i think it's still fine in around 55-66 degree and there's no loud fan. i knew it tho it wasn't for gaming purpose but i think PES & COH 2 isn't that high-end like GTA V. the FPS dropped to 5 and clear again, and back again simultaneously. i think it's some kinda performance issue

AndrewRY

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from AndrewRY : "[HELP] FPS Dropped and Clear, and Dropped, and Clear in Every Game while Playing"

so hello guys,
i've just bought a new notebook recently like 2-3 weeks ago. the specification is :
-ASUS A456UQ Intel I5 7200U 2.5 GHz up to 3.1 GHz
-8GB RAM
-1TB Memory
-Intel HD Graphic 620
-Discrete NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2 GB
What i've did :
-Just have download the latest graphic card (if i'm not wrong, i'm uninstalling first the NVIDIA to make sure)
-Check the temps and it's average 42 when idle & 55-62 when gaming
-Make sure the NVIDIA as program preference in NVIDIA Control Panel
-Use the High Performance battery setting

i've experienced low fps on every game i've launch in high, mid, low graphic setting. the lag about 5 fps and then it goes well again, and happen again, and on and on in every (more or less) 5 minutes... it's really annoying.
so far, i've played Counter Strike Source, Company of Heroes 2, Stronghold Crusader 2, PES 2017, i've just check in the specification on PES Setting and everything goes "Good" in every aspect but i still experience the same problem. Same with PES, it goes with Counter Strike Source, i thought that game wasn't that CPU Bound or HI-End Gaming. I've set display to the lowest and in Windowed mode but it still the same. I don't know what should i do left ? i don't know the problem whether it is the CPU, GPU, the Windows 10 maybe or else. My old notebook did really far better than this. it is really disappointing to experience this issue. I expect something more than this eventhough i know it wasn't purpose for Gaming both the Notebook or GPU, but i expect performance more than this. My old notebook was ASUS I3 2.1 Ghz did this far better so please help me figure this one out.

Should i upgrade the RAM (add some more) ?
Or update the latest windows 10 ? how do i know or check my right now windows 10 ? i used the windows 10 pro.
or should i downgrade the windows ? (to 8 maybe ?)

any comment or sugestions are welcome.