Solved! ASUS EZ Flash Utility

Apr 1, 2020
Would like to understand the problem updating my BIOS. Have an ASUS TUF Gaming FX505GT laptop. Its got ez flash utility 3 - v3.00. Tring to update bois v303 to 305, see if it solves some bluesceen issues. dl'ed Bios 305 from asus site, extracted it, put it in several locations i can't access. cant access /c or /d drive from the flash utility in BIOS. put it on a flash drive, tried fat32 format, tried passport drive too. Won't access. Utility only gives me option fs0 [256m] <dir> efi and <dir> systemvolume. efi subdir /windows and /boot. Tried to even throw the file in c/windows/boot but it won't let me write to that location in windows. Don't know how to make flash utility see more than the one drive. Is this a good one for ya'? Looked high and low on the internet. Shows I should have proper options for drive locations in the utility. Any Idea why I don't?

Solution
Did you try different USB ports of your laptop using the fresh formatted flash drive?
Did you put the BIOS file FX505GT-AS.305 directly into the root of the flash drive? Do not put it into any folders.

The problem might be, that your flash drive is not recognized by the BIOS. Eventually you will need a different one.
Is the drive plugged in while you get into the BIOS or do you plug it in, while you are in BIOS already?
Did you try different USB ports of your laptop using the fresh formatted flash drive?
Did you put the BIOS file FX505GT-AS.305 directly into the root of the flash drive? Do not put it into any folders.

The problem might be, that your flash drive is not recognized by the BIOS. Eventually you will need a different one.
Is the drive plugged in while you get into the BIOS or do you plug it in, while you are in BIOS already?

Solution
Apr 1, 2020
Hey, thanks for answering. Tried all three usb ports. 1 is 2.0 and 2 of them are 3.0. I tried both methods of inserting the flash drive, before boot and tried inserting it while in BIOS. Yes, there was hours of re-booting.

One thing I didn't try though, putting the file in the root. Gonna pick up a couple new flash drives, they are pretty cheap, and I wouldn't mind having them around. don't want to delete what I have on the flash drives I got laying around here. I will try this, thank you, will report back.

I do want to say though, Asus is horrible on tech support. Its kind of like they sold the laptop and threw their hand in the air and said, "I don't want to hear anything about it."

I am curious why the utility doesn't see the other physical drive in the machine. Got the SSD and a HDD. In pictorial guides it shows selections of drives.

Apr 1, 2020
Hey, That worked! Thank you very much 'helpstar'. sometimes it certainly does help to talk out a problem, see what you missed especially when you're getting frustrated.

A couple new flash drives and it saw both. One is 2.0 & other 3.0. In proper ports with file in root.

Didn't brick it either. Last thing I would need during this Covid-19 thing. I thought about that and did it anyway. Hope it solves my random blue screen incidents possibly.

Again, Thank you!

Reactions: helpstar