ASUS G50V No Sound

Beer_Brigade

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
I have an old Asus G50V laptop. When it boots it plays the bios explosion sound from the internal speakers. However once I get into windows and the UI it doesn't play any sound from the speakers and when I plug in headphones it recognizes them but doesn't play any sound. I have installed drivers multiple times, tried different headphones USB and regular jack neither work. Did the regedit forcedisable to see if it was a stuck jack thing and that didn't work. I'm trying to sell this laptop and I don't think anyone will buy it without sound so any help would be appreciated.

Windows 7 Ultime 64-bit
Intel Core2Duo P8400 2.27GHz
GeForce 9800M GS
4GB Ram

Solution
Open your audio mixer on your taskbar (The little speaker button) and check to see if system sounds are muted, or if they are playing on a different audio channel. Also it looks like the realtek drivers aren't even being used, likely because they are dated from 2009 and Microsoft updated their default drivers in 2010.

Beer_Brigade

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014

I am pulling from Asus

Beer_Brigade

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014

I got the drivers directly from the Asus website and I attached a few screens showing the current Audio drivers that are installed on the computer.
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G50V&p=3&s=133&os=30&hashedid=un3hitoonkMSfRsX
That's the address where I got the asus drivers from. They only have the one option for the drivers.

24q08eu.png
Weirdest thing, when I had to wait for the password it forced me to watch an ad and there was sound for the ad. When I went to see if I could get windows sounds to play I got nothing. Now I get sound when I go to youtube but it appears I don't get any windows sounds.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Open your audio mixer on your taskbar (The little speaker button) and check to see if system sounds are muted, or if they are playing on a different audio channel. Also it looks like the realtek drivers aren't even being used, likely because they are dated from 2009 and Microsoft updated their default drivers in 2010.

Solution

Beer_Brigade

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
Not sure what I did but the sound is now working for the laptop, tried it on multiple programs, firefox, games, dvd. etc but thanks for the help dapacioli.
I changed sound settings, reloaded drivers, changed bios settings, regedit sound settings is what I tried but I'm not sure which one fixed it.