Asus G53JW Abnormal GPU Heating problem.

Neo Alison

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
Hello my fellow friends at Tom's

I have got this annoying problem with my laptop for half a year, at first CPU temp was spiking over 100'C and hence the shut down, after pasting and many other stuff I reduced it's idle themp to 66'C which is still hot. but it was okay cuz it this laptop gave me so much problems and I let it be like that, now recently the GPU temp is going to 99'C and I cannot play anything due to the heat and drastic FPS drop. I have done all the cleaning, vent, fan, repasting and god knows what else, laptop is in a bare open to the air kinda states right now for the best air flow but still CPU maxes out at 88'C and GPU at 99'C making terribly slow and FPS to 1. Could you please help me to fix this issue? Fan speed is okay 5000RPM max, if all fails is it possible for me to replace the heatsink with something homemade? How? I am not at a position to get a new heatsink-Fan for this laptop.
Wart Regards
Neo

Check these out too
http://prntscr.com/efizcc
and
http://prntscr.com/efj4m3
and
http://prntscr.com/efj55h

These are all taken after I cut the blue wire and let fan go full speed and it is idle right now, if I launch any game it would spike to 96'C in 5 minutes.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Lutfij

Splendid
Are you yet on Windows 7 or have you migrated to Windows 10? On that note, since when have you been experiencing the problem? You may want to open up Task Manager and see what your resource consumption looks like.

Unfortunately you can't use a home made heatsink and slap it on unless you are proficient with a CNC milling machine and have a factory at your disposal to create a heatsink with fins and add on a fan of your choice.

Neo Alison

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014

Hello my old friend. How are you?
thank you for respond to this really annoying distress call. No I have migrated to Win 10 - 64bit
All was good and the thing is I had problem with my CPU heating and shutdowns which I after much difficulties managed to fix (well dropped the heat to 80/idle) and GPU was fine at 60 to 70 max but recently out of the blue my GPU got overeating problem! it exceeds 120'C and shutdown/freeze which I fixed now the heat is table at 47'C idle but launching a game like GTA V or Division on Min settings = the temp spikes to 96'C which reduces the in game FPS from 30 to 5 over 10 mins of gameplay. I did everything by the book and I do mean everything, no dust no bad paste, everything looks good. the back and the front of the laptop is open for the best air flow, after trying everything I could I managed to stabilize the heat (IDLE) at 45~47'C which as it should be but launch a game and it spikes to 90+ I cut one of the fan's wire to make it go without limit at max speed which I see was normal and I did not have to do that at all which means fan is working properly and it even stops at 47'C cuz there is no need for a fan and any cooling (full fan stop and starts when it goes to 48'C) The best I could do was to put a very high powered hair dryer which has the ability to blow out cold air at high speed directly at a place where it spreads the cold air to both up and bottom of the laptop and cools the laptop down fast on IDLE to 40'C but it only manages to stabilize the temp in game at 92'C @15FPS.
After all these years I have no idea what is wrong with this laptop!
I notice the center of the motherboard is too hot which goes all the way up to the heat-pipe where it gets connected to the aluminum radiator (samll) where fan blows out the heat and the pipe and radiator is too hot to touch them!
The Motherboard tiny chipset at the center is too hot to touch too I dont know if that is due to the heat from GPU or on it's own.
Could you pretty please tell me what should I do?
P.S
I started to have this issue like 5 days ago but I ignored it till it reached the point that made it unusable during games.
Thanks in advance
Neo