Asus G551vw Driver Power State Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

godzillafpv

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, i have a asus g551vw. I have had this problem for a couple of weeks, i have reset windows 10 on it two times and it still is having the problem. Before i get enough time to update my graphic drivers the computer blue screens with the error "driver power state failure". Any way i can get it to stay open long enough for me to update drivers? I have tried safe mode but when ever i restart the laptop it blue screens with the error "driver power state failure". Can i get to safe mode through BIOS? I'm starting to think its a hardware problem. Thanks!

godzillafpv

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
I'm copying the dump from the laptop on a usb then uploading them with my desktop. The laptop does get internet.
I try to update the version of windows but whenever i try i get a blue screen.

Paul NZ

Admirable
Did you upgrade from Win7 or 8 to 10? Or do a clean install of Win10? I would say this file is causing this crash wdiwifi.sys

This file I think is also part of the wireless drivers

If you go to device manager / network adapters on the laptop. What does it say for the wireless adapter? Intel what?

godzillafpv

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
I did a clean install of windows 10. It says Intel R Dual Band Wireless AC 7265

It was blue screening before so i did a clean install of windows 10 hoping it would fix it.

Paul NZ

Admirable
The version from the dmp files is 2 versions / builds behind 14393. 14393 isnt the latest version / build.

16299.15 is at the mo (If you download the ISO from the MS site). The update (once 16299.15 is installed), updates it to 16299.19

godzillafpv

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Hey

Its been a while, took some time off the laptop as it was not working.
I have flashed it with windows multiple times and have also tried linux, neither of them worked. I have recently tried flashing windows on the hard drive instead of the ssd. That didnt work either, I am very stuck. How can i trouble shoot it?

Status
Not open for further replies.